How charged is the Apple Watch out of the box?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by snarestud940, Jun 4, 2015.

1. snarestud940 macrumors 6502a

I'm picking my Apple Watch up from my local UPS store in three hours. I was planning to wear it for a few hours this afternoon. Does anyone know how much the Apple Watch is charged out of the box?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Mine was about half. More than enough for a few hours use but will need to be charged before you can update.

3. snarestud940 thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you put it on a charger, can you update it that way?

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Yes, in fact that is what Apple would like you to do to make sure it does not crap out on the update.

Hope you enjoy your watch!

5. lancashirehotpot macrumors member

lancashirehotpot

Mine had 75% charge out of the box, needed to put it on the charger for the software update and it lasted more than the full day (It arrived at 1pm-ish, and I wore it until 10pmish). Still had about 28% charge left then. It'll be fine to wear straight away

6. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

From what I've read here most of the watches have 50/60-ish charge when delivered. Mine had 65%.

7. Crazy Matt macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

Mine had about 65% charge when I received it. Don't forget, if you haven't read the battery threads, give the battery several days to "break in" before becoming concerned about the battery life.

8. sishaw macrumors 65816

sishaw

9. Chcougar1 macrumors regular

What update? Mine came yesterday with 1.0.1. Also had 81% battery when I turned it on for the first time.

10. Jack426 macrumors regular

Jack426

UPS delivered mine at 1pm. Mine had around 82%. I never even put it on the charger, and it only took about 5min to install/update apps. I had around 75% after that. I used it heavily all day and put it on the charger at 11pm, still had about 30%.

11. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

What's a hen weigh?

Not making fun of you. But I have unboxed 3 and seen loads of posts about it in various threads. There is no answer. They are all over the map.

12. jjlannoo Suspended

I think mine was about half. Easily lasted the first day even with heavy use checking it out. I've since stopped using Battery level complications as the watch never comes close to running out.

13. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

Mine arrived on Monday, with 1.0.1 and about 80% charge :)

Ant

14. BluePhoenixRa macrumors regular

It was at 74%! Got it around 3pm, played around and stuff - lasted till 1am, forgot to put it to charge and take the charger but it stayed in power reserve mode the whole time next day.