How cheap does 13" AppleCare get ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, Dec 8, 2016.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

its been a bit since I've tracked this, right now seeing $219 from adorama, but I feel like it goes lower?

I have a year too, to tack it on, but

2. havenyoung macrumors regular

havenyoung

3. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

AppleCare prices are fixed and what you see is what you pay. The only way to get a discount that I am aware of is through education pricing if you are eligible, which knocks it down a little bit; $219 vs. $183.

4. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

do any places like bhphotovideo that don't have tax for out of state, offer this edu pricing? or just apple?

its 198 after tax, still better than 219 though thanks for heads up! or is that about as low as it goes?

5. Fishrrman macrumors G4

OP:
    Some advice:
    If you buy AppleCare, buy ONLY the kind that comes in a box with documentation.

DO NOT buy "AppleCare" from individuals on ebay who advertise to "send you a code" without the box.
    These are SCAMS, one and all of them.

For further reference, please see this [long] thread that ran a few years' back:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/dont-buy-applecare-on-ebay.690859/

6. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Thanks! Noted

7. TechZeke macrumors 68020

TechZeke

Applecare is one of the education discounts directly from Apple that's actually worth it. You won't find it that cheap even with B&H's no tax. I'd just get it from Apple. All you need is the serial number of the device and your student ID, and I just walk in and buy it.