How "clicky" does your home button feel?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daonesteven, Jun 7, 2009.

1. daonesteven macrumors 6502

This is actually my third iPhone 3G, first 2 having problems. It's actually quite fine so far, but the home button from what I remember feels quite mushy and "non-clicky" compared to the ones I had before. I tried my friend's iPod touch (2G) and that one you can definitely feel a solid "click" as you press the home button, but mine is nowhere near that responsive. I guess the button itself works fine since I apply pretty normal pressure, but it's kinda annoying to not experience that solid click. If I put my ear to the button when I press it, I hear a super silent click as if it's pressing into mush.

Is this the case for others as well? I'm trying to see if this is grounds for a replacement at the genius bar, I really don't want to be picky about stuff like this but it bothers me.

2. iansilv macrumors 6502a

I have a weird issue where my and my wife's 1st gen home button seems loose after using it since we got it.

3. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

mine's pretty clicky man... preeeeett EE clicky.

4. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

There's no real "click" to my home button. Never has been. Haven't regarded it as a problem.

5. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

It's difficult to describe "clickyness" but here goes.

Me and my boyfriend both have 8GB 2Gs. My home button has always been quite easy to push in, small quiet click. His one on the other hand seems stiffer and gives a much more audible click.

They both work, I prefer mine.

6. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

I can tell the difference between my wife's iPhone and mine. Bought at the same time (8GB, EDGE). Hers has a click to it, mine feels smooth.

7. mitico macrumors member

Mine does actually 'click' when you press it,it can be heard easily enough;button requires a bit of strength to get down

8. duffer macrumors regular

preeeeett EE, preeeeett EE, preeeeett EE, pretty clicky

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

No innuendo intended?

Mine isn't as clicky as my previous one, but I definitely do not think it's grounds for a replacement.