How come it doesn't allow me to send report to Apple?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ISMPlus, Jun 15, 2007.

1. ISMPlus macrumors regular

ISMPlus

I get the "OS X has unexpectedly quit" window quite often lately. I hate it and I just can't wait to see if they have fixed this thing in Leopard. Anyway, when the OS quits, the screen dims and then the black dialog box in different languages appears saying to shut off or restart by pressing the power button. Fine. But when I do and the computer loads up again, it says "OS X has unexpectedly quit" and I always press the "send report" but the last three or four times the button does nothing! :confused: The dialog box dissapears and nothing happens?? As if I pressed the "No" button. No report error log to send to Apple! Is there a way I can submit a report about this stuff to Apple without going through the "send report" thing?

AHHH! I hate this thing!

If anyone can provide me with a reason why my OS keeps quitting that would be helpful too!

Thanks!

2. gameguy3001 macrumors member

in sounds like you computer is geting a kernel panic. It is possible that it could be either hardware or software related (most likely software). Does it happen when you are using any specific programs on the computer or is it entirely random? Can you think of anything that might have changed on the computer before this started happening?

3. ISMPlus thread starter macrumors regular

ISMPlus

Wow! I learned something new today! thanks so much. It is kernel panic. I think it's my MS Entourage causing the problem. I have it running 24/7, checking for emails every 2 mins. I have MS Office X for Mac and it runs terribly slow (with Rosetta, I think). I opened the panic log, and it opened a second window showing another log, I guess of errors from today. There were over 100 errors for Entourage, saying it happened at 19:24 today. Does that make sense?

thanks for your help!:)