How come my Sony camera wont import??

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Buttuh B, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Buttuh B macrumors newbie

It wont import into iMovie... I eventually plan on getting Final Cut Pro or whatever but now I'm just starting.... when I go to import the only camera that shows up is the built-in iSight.... so Im confused I dont know much about computers but anyone that can help me out I would appreciate it... i also got other questions about recording on protools, ipods, etc... oh yeah and i think my camera is a Sony Handy Cam DCR-HC26 I got it about 2 years ago so I think its fairly new... Im using a USB cord Im not sure if Im supposed to use a firewire or what... it works with the USB on Windows Movie Maker but that program is garbage and plus Im on a mac now..

2. comptr macrumors 65816

You Need to get a fire wire cable like this one: http://snipurl.com/238l7

3. Buttuh B thread starter macrumors newbie

so is it the same as a USB cord u just plug it in the same spot??? thanks for the help...

4. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

no, the firewire cord will not plug into the same spot. there should be a 4-pin FW port on the camera (probably close to the USB port).

5. Buttuh B thread starter macrumors newbie

naw i mean does it plug into the same spot on the computer..... ill find the spot on the camera

6. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

it will plug into the 6pin FW port on your computer. it will not go into a USB port.

7. Buttuh B thread starter macrumors newbie