How come no one cares AT&T moved back their launch day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kmonie360, Jun 23, 2010.

1. kmonie360 macrumors member

doesn't seem like too many people actually care about AT&T not selling any walk in iPhone4s on the 24th

I work in a att retail store and thought the reaction to the news yesterday would be mind blowing for some people...

2. Lyetz macrumors newbie

Probably because everybody who planned on buying an iPhone 4 already had theirs pre-ordered.

3. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

You guys might want to just take the day off.

Everyone will either be at Apple or BB or other store like that. ;)

4. accrane macrumors member

5. kmonie360 thread starter macrumors member

no way we have the new $99 3GS 8GB to sell! it's gonna be PACKED ;)

6. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Well, you were wrong then weren't you.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Sadly, some folks tried to do that and could not.

8. Lyetz macrumors newbie

True, but obviously not a lot of people considering OP's statement.

9. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

When I heard the news, everything was ruined pretty much. I didn't have a preorder and I dont have an Apple store. On top of that, anywhere else that is getting the iPhone 4 is getting them in very limited quantities. I called my closest radio shack and they are getting 3 iPhone 4's: 2 16GB and 1 32GB. I have to be the first one in line tomorrow night so I can get the 32 GB. I'm going to go to the store tomorrow and talk with the people that are working there that I will be camping overnight for the 32 GB so hopefully everything will go smoothly.

10. PeeringInside macrumors newbie

I think more people would have expressed anger if the odds of being able to buy a 4G on a walk-in basis on launch date ANYWHERE were better than almost-completely-hopeless.

11. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

OP, it's a disservice to your customers to sell the 3GS over the far superior iPhone 4.

Don't do it. Explain to them all the massive features upgrades in the new iPhone.

If they don't care about ram or camera, tell them about the gorilla glass atleast and also the significant bump up in the speed. That will perk even the most casual consumers interests.

12. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Everyone is already used to AT&T sucking. Why would this be a surprise?

13. kmonie360 thread starter macrumors member

It was sarcastic

14. realjd macrumors newbie

For what it's worth, I'm bummed about the ATT store delay. I wasn't planning on upgrading, but my 3GS broke last Sunday (well after the preorder ended) and it will cost the same to fix it as it would to upgrade to the iPhone 4. I put my SIM into a crappy $10 gophone I keep around as a backup so I can still make calls, but I'm iPhone-less until I can get my hands on a 4.

The nearest Apple store is an hour away, so I don't have time to go line up there and still make it to work, and I'm #17 on the RadioShack list at the one near me so I'm not to hopeful with that either!

I'm not angry though like some of the people around here tend to be about things. I'll get my iPhone 4 eventually even if it isn't launch day.

15. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

While I am chomping at the bit to get my two iPhone 4's, they're still just phones. Demand is crazy high, so I'll get them when I get them.

That, and reading all this hyperbole over delays and pre-orders has left me tired out.

Sean

16. Basement06 macrumors newbie

At least AT&T had the decency to announce that they'd be unable to service any walk-ins 2 days ahead of time. As much as their customer service has pissed me off over the past couple years, I give them credit for that. Plus that really makes sense to facilitate easier activation for those who reserved/preordered.

17. rywat macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3gs: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Or you could, you know, just wait or something. I'm sure you'll be fine if you don't have the phone on the very first day it comes out, or even for the first few days.

18. mantan macrumors 68000

I think a lot of people who read these boards have either preordered or just made alternate plans.

The ugly part will be the people who didn't see the announcement and just show up bright and early for the '7:00 launch opening' only to be told there's none available. That could get pretty ugly quick as they'll blame the employees and say they would have went to the Apple Store, Best Buy, Radio Shack etc. Never mind there odds were pretty long at those stores - they will blame the employees and undoubtedly act like petulant 6 year olds.

19. Storrow macrumors regular

I pre-ordered mine for in store pick up and it will be there today. But they said I can't pick it up until tomorrow even though Apple is letting people pick it up today. Bummer man.

It's all good though only 1 more day.

20. soleilvie macrumors member

In a way, this could be a good thing. The hype may have died down a little bit over the weekend, and since the 29th isn't the official launch, AT&T stores might not be as crazy as other stores on the 24th. This is how I see it, anyway. I haven't pre-ordered and there is no Apple store near me so I am hoping to go to AT&T a couple of hours before opening on the 29th and get one.

21. iVanessa macrumors member

I'm pissed!!! I didn't preorder :(

does anyone know if Apple stores (or BB, RadioShack, Walmart) will DEFINITELY have phones for people who didn't preorder?

22. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Because it's AT&T.

Or people just associate iPhone launches with apple stores.

23. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

I'm pretty god damned annoyed by it. I didn't try to pre-order in hopes of hearing something about the white iPhone. Since we never heard anything, I resigned myself to getting a black one at launch at AT&T and hoping they have white through some miracle. Closest Apple store is 3.5 hours away and I want a 32GB.. so I'm stuck with walk-in AT&T.

Making it even worse is the fact that the eBay auction of my 3G ends tonight, leaving me iPhone-less until Tuesday at the earliest.

24. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Maybe some people don't have to have everything now. It's only a few days. In the mean time, you can watch the apocalypse on June 24.

25. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

I'm a little upset, disappointed mostly.

I was really excited about waking up early and standing in line on Thursday, but that won't happen.

There is nothing I can do about it; so why complain on a forum who is just going to tell me I should have preordered?

But, I've decided that I'm going to go to my AT&T store on Tuesday and if they have an iPhone 4 for sale, I'll get it; otherwise, I'm getting a 3GS and will wait for the iPhone 5.