How come no play/pause headphones with the Nano?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by WiiDSmoker, Sep 13, 2010.

1. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

The ones that came with my iPod stopped working, so I was hoping the new Nano would come with the headphones so I can play/pause/etc from the headphones and not the device itself.

What a cheapout! :mad:

2. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

The headphones with built-in remote can be purchased by themselves. You didn't have to buy the nano to get a headphone replacement for your other iPod. On top of that, the nano does not require external controls.

Besides, I'm not keen on controls (volume and/or play/pause) built in-line on headphones. All the ones I've had like that eventually fail right at the control in question-- it's a "weak link", IMO.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

They want more money. What do you think?

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

It is not totally unexpected on Apple's part, though at the price of the new Nano, still a bit disappointing. Considering I have 2 or 3 pairs of those from iPhones, I'm not too upset about it, but it would be nice to see them available at a more reasonable price. Or at the very minimum, keep the in-store stock the same, but make it an option to get those instead on online orders at a $10 upcharge.

5. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I honestly think they really should have. I mean I love the new Nano, I'm excited about mine, but I do think for the use they are mostly marketing it for (on the go, walking/excercising, that kind of stuff) you need physical buttons. And it would have been a way to say, hey, still has physical buttons for when you can't look at it to fast forward/rewind a song. Instead it's like, you lost that functionality unless you want to pay extra. So in a way, they made it more expensive.

I personally don't care cause I already have several sets, one from my new iphone 4, one from my roommate's which I switched for my ipod's as he doesn't care about the remote, and one good set my mom actually bought me that's not apple's brand, Klipsch s4i which I really like. But I still think they should have put those in and I agree it was a cheapout on their part not to.