How come some iPhones have bugs while others don't?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Oct 24, 2010.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

i never understood how some iphone 4's have some bugs but others don't

for example mine has the bug where when you slide to unlock it the screen will flash at you sometimes. not everyone has that on their phone, so i don't get it.

like i said how do some have bugs if we are all running same software?

2. madKIR macrumors 6502

Different suppliers, manufacturers, factories, etc.

P.S. I also have the same bug, and my previous phone had it too.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

restore it as NEW not from backup and see if that helps you...
    Permanent differences in the same model iPhone come come hardware problems in the mass production process not the software itself.

4. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

i did restore and set up as new. it seems a lot of people have this problem though. at least there is a thread about the flicker/flash.

i just got a new/refurbished phone and i had gotten my first iphone 4 on release date, so what are chances of same bug. it seems to rare. i just don't get how mine does it and my two friends with 16gb iphone 4 don't... idk what to do. i don't wanna go and exchange it again, because i just don't see how its hardware.

5. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

maybe its an app that i have installed that causes the bug? cause i don't get it at all. and i dont' know why some have it and others don't

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

after you restore it as NEW, check the problem out before installing any apps and see what happens!

7. samh macrumors 6502

Go design a handful of complex electrical components. Then have them mass produced in different places. Then have them put a few million of them together somewhere else, paying an amount that will still let you make a profit.

Get back to me if you get 100.0% of them to work flawlessly, every time.

If not, you've just demonstrated that it's never as easy as the user/consumer thinks.

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

To the OP:

You're right. The kind of things you're talking about are not usually caused by manufacturing hardware differences (unless a data or address line is flaky, but that often causes a lot more problems).

It's about proper initialization of software variables, which can be difficult in projects of this size and with all the variations of user setups. It could be caused by the last apps you ran, to time of day, to number of texts or emails you had, to... well... almost anything.

It's a common embedded systems dilemna, especially if the programmers are also trying to restore some user settings.

We see this problem arise whenever a new OS version hits. Most people's phones init correctly; some do not. Keep trying.

9. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

10. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

[​IMG]

11. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

12. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

not funny. if its a software bug i dont get how some have it and others have no trace of it what so ever. its weird.