how come someone can develop a UK MMs reader but nothing for the US yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snook911, Dec 4, 2007.

1. snook911 macrumors 6502a

2. ne0star macrumors regular

I have just tried that and it works great!

I alo really like the fact it mimics the look of a proper iphone app as well.

3. calculus Guest

calculus

We're just so much cleverer;)

4. zeta101 macrumors newbie

As far as I know it's because the ATT website only allows you to read your MMS messages via some flash based interface (which of course the iPhone doesn't support). The UK O2 website just using some web interface which also seems to allow you to directly pull the information you want when you provide your phone number and special code they give you when you get an MMS.

Now, if only O2 had a service where you could email a photo to them along with someones phone number and they would get an MMS then would be covered on both sides!

5. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48a Safari/419.3)

this looks very cool. Didn't know about it till I read this thread.

6. ~Phi macrumors regular

7. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

hmmm T-Mobile's site isn't in flash, I wonder if anyone would be interested in making an app for that! :D

8. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

my sister just sent me an mms, this app works very well:D:D:D:D

only thing is its picked up mms that i had a couple of weeks ago and have since deleted the messages on my phone. in the app you can see the title of the pic and who sent it but obviously no pic. anyone else had this and know how to delete this from the app or will it be when the message has expired???

9. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

This would be a great solution for the US. If true MMS isn't coming, then AT&T really needs to look at this idea.

10. snook911 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well AT&T would have to start a whole new viewmymessage site just for iphone users because the current one is done in flash. Great planning.:rolleyes:

11. paulobrad macrumors regular

Just to make it clear to guys in the US - this just lets us *view* MMS messages sent to us, not send them. Clearly that would require either a firmware upgrade of a jailbroken phone and app.