How come Speck is more popular than Incase (cases for MacBook Pro)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hajime, May 5, 2010.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

This is about hard cases for the MacBook Pro. I have read many reviews. It looks like Incase's Hardshell is better at protecting the MBP than the Speck's SeeThru. For instance, fits better and less likely to cause scratches by letting the dirt getting in between the case and the laptop. How come it looks like more people are using Speck's products? Also, why it is very difficult to find a place (outside the US) that sells the Incase's Hardshell for the 17" MBP? I have been to several countries. It is very easy to find Speck's products. However, I have never seen the Hardshell for the 17" model. I do notice that Speck provides better customer service. Incase people just ignore emails.

2. 301finest macrumors regular

Not only are speck cases widely available in apple stores, but speck cases come in more colors and two different materials. Incase I THINK come ony in a few selected colors

3. brendu macrumors 68020

I got speck because I like the satin matte finish they offer over the cheaper looking clear plastic... just my opinion though...

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

I cannot understand why both companies do not offer more color options for the 17" MBP. It should be easy for them to make.