Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, I have noticed that for the past few days, whenever I play back youtube videos, I can hear people talking and music playing but often the video image become still? I have to press the timeline for the video to play. Then, video image pauses again while the audio continues to play?

pandadoggy13

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2017
Multiple reasons:

1. I have noticed a bug that causes the video to freeze. A work around for the glitch is to maximize the window.
2. You may have autoplay disabled under Safari preferences websites ta or you may have a content blocked enabled. If this doesn't work, download the Safari technology preview or Chrome Canary for free. 6. Try using chrome and see if the problem is replicated.
4. You may have poor quality internet that is causing it to fail to buffer. Make sure flash is DISABLED.
5. Make sure the video does not have a notice saying "full screen mode is disabled." If you maximize a full screen mode disabled youtube video, it will not play at all.

Reactions: hajime

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Multiple reasons:

1. I have noticed a bug that causes the video to freeze. A work around for the glitch is to maximize the window.
2. You may have autoplay disabled under Safari preferences websites ta or you may have a content blocked enabled. If this doesn't work, download the Safari technology preview or Chrome Canary for free. 6. Try using chrome and see if the problem is replicated.
4. You may have poor quality internet that is causing it to fail to buffer. Make sure flash is DISABLED.
5. Make sure the video does not have a notice saying "full screen mode is disabled." If you maximize a full screen mode disabled youtube video, it will not play at all.

Thanks pandadoggy13. I am using Firebox. Maximizing the window does not help. I don't think the internet connection is poor because I did not have such issue until 1-2 weeks ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.