How confident should I be that new macbooks will come before Nov end

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by holysmoke, Sep 18, 2008.

1. holysmoke macrumors newbie

Hi guys.
    I'm planning to convert to a mac. I'm looking at getting the latest macbook(the ones not yet launched), but I need to get one before December, as I might be leaving the country then, and I graduate from college as well, so I dont get that discount after that. I am currently getting a good deal on an apple GC from a friend (I save $100), and I'm sure I want to get a new mac, so my area of concern is that new macs should come out before Nov end atleast. Otherwise, I might just buy another PC, or a used mac, but for that I dont need a gc. I dont think I would buy a refurb, even though I know they are great, because I dont want to spend so much on an earlier model.

So should I go ahead and buy this GC? If I do, I save 100$, but I NEED TO BE SURE THAT NEW MACS WILL COME BEFORE NOV END. How much can I trust the rumors (CNN reported something today as well)..

2. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

id say trust them.

oct 13th seems to be the date of possible new macbooks. doesnt hurt to wait,

3. holysmoke thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, I'm ready to wait. It's new macbooks or nothing for me. But, should I go and buy the gift card then?

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

on a monday ??... cause all the rumors point to the 14th.

5. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

I agree, I thought Tuesday 14th October. What an odd coincidence though... a major event in my life happened exactly ten years ago on this coming October 14th... Not saying what though.

6. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

is that when you lost your left eardrum at a Metallica concert?

7. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Ha ha no. I wasn't really old enough for concerts ten years ago.

8. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

9. holysmoke thread starter macrumors newbie

10. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

11. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

gift card.

12. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

AHA! Thanks. I thought I'd somehow missed some mystery laptop.

13. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

14. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

The guy who called the fatty nanos. Might be credible. If he's right about the MacBook it sounds like it's going to have a black plastic (or aluminum) outer shell and gray aluminum inner shell. Probably would have a black bezel around the screen too then, I would guess, which would bring it inline with the new 'look' of the iMac and iPod nano silver color. We may still see colored MacBooks, but probably not (I would love a red one though!).

16:9 screens suck, but it seems to be the new standard as everyone moves towards it (they're starting to discontinue 16:10 everywhere I see, oh well).

Sounds like the MacBook Pro redesign won't be as major, and they'll release the MB a month before the MBP (more waiting for me, yay!). Overall, I hope they don't cripple the MB to try and sell it for cheaper. But I still think it'll retail for $999 like the iBook did.

15. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I like what he's saying - that it could be sooner than October :D :D