How could cost and where buy MacBook Pro 15"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nebbie, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Nebbie macrumors newbie

Hi i'm new, and i apologise beforehand if i've posted in the wrong place,
    what i want to know are 2 thing.

1) i'm coming in less than 1 month in America and i want to buy the macbook pro 15 from 2012 NON retina. i'm looking for this model with this minimum specs

15" 1680-by-1050 high-resolution antiglare display.

2.6GHz Intel i7 processor up to 3.6GHz) with 6MB L3 or 2.7GHz Intel Core i7 Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz with 8MB L3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

how much could cost me ??

and if they have put 16 gb of ram and a ssd instead of the optical drive how much could cost ??'

2) Where can i buy it ? i've already look at the refurbisched model but i think are too exencive for that model... i mean there are a place "more safe " or bigger or most known than other to buy it ??

thanks in advance:)

2. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

The 2012 MBP 15 non retina has been discontinued. The only place to buy it officially is on Apple's Refurb sites, or used. There might be places like best buy selling the older models, but that's a long shot.

The 16GB of RAM, SSD and optibay you'd probably have to buy and install yourself. Look on iFixit.com for an easy guide to do it. They also have the parts you can order, although you could probably find them cheaper elsewhere.

3. Nebbie thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for answerd

yeah i know that's out of production, and i've just say i've already see the refurbished one but are too expensive to be so old, so i ask where can i buy in which web site u advice me to look for it and buy ?

what u mena with " but that's a long shot. " ???

yeah i now how to replace the ram and the ssd that's not the problem, what i want to know is the price with and without this component ;) thanks :)

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

They are that expensive because they have a warranty and are essentially a brand new machine.

5. dextr3k macrumors 6502

That is correct, refurbished machines went through apple's quality control and probably has a new battery with 0 cycles. Essentially you are buying a new machine.

Plus they come with the 1 year apple warranty, thus are more expensive than used machines that you would buy from other places. Best buy might have an open box machine for that spec, but like the other user said, it is not very likely.

There arent better ways to buy other than directly from Apple. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, you will probably have to turn to Ebay and Craigslist to find used machines, maybe the person even upgraded to 16gb RAM and SSD. Good luck

6. Nebbie thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah thanks i know that but i'm triyng to look for a used one...

about how could be the price in the 2 cases ?

and where is the best onlinee shops or forum or anything else to look for it if i'm in america ?

thanks to all

7. Nebbie thread starter macrumors newbie

Can anyone help me pleaseee ??

about how could be the price in the 2 cases ?

and where is the best onlinee shops or forum or anything else to look for it if i'm in america ?

8. leman macrumors 604

If you are not speaking English fluently or don't have friends to help you out, getting a used one could be a problem ;) Used ones can be found on ebay, craigslist and I whatever Americans also use (never been there personally)...

The lowest expected price for the configuration you want will be around $1400-1500. With RAM and SSD you are looking at around $1700 or so, more if you let a company do the job

9. Nebbie thread starter macrumors newbie

why u say :" If you are not speaking English fluently or don't have friends to help you out, getting a used one could be a problem" ????
    for the american keyboard or what ???

i speak english quite well, and i have one of my friend who speak american better than me and he'll go to america next month; anyway what are other site (expect ebay that i already know) for buying the mac ???

for me it's not a problem to change the ram or the ssd only if they already have changed it's ok, the price is really good; i ask it becuase the price of it in italy it's freaked out they want for the first model around 2584$ and for the second model (with ssd+16 gb or ram) 2721/2992 $

10. Nebbie thread starter macrumors newbie

why u say :" If you are not speaking English fluently or don't have friends to help you out, getting a used one could be a problem" ????
    for the american keyboard or what ???

i speak english quite well, and i have one of my friend who speak american better than me and he'll go to america next month; anyway what are other site (expect ebay that i already know) for buying the mac ???

for me it's not a problem to change the ram or the ssd only if they already have changed it's ok, the price is really good; i ask it becuase the price of it in italy it's freaked out they want for the first model around 2584$ and for the second model (with ssd+16 gb or ram) 2721/2992 $

11. Petulka macrumors member

Yea, right. Lmao

12. qawsed macrumors regular

That's a bit unnecessary.

I certainly couldn't post a comprehensible forum post on a forum that is exclusively in another language. So it is indeed a relatively OK standard of English.

13. funkdoctor macrumors member

If you want to see something really funny, look at Petulka's post history and then check out his grammatical errors. Yet he has the audacity to comment on proper use of the english language.

14. leman macrumors 604

Because its often difficult to get a used computer for a good price in a store. Usually you would buy it off someone else. Good communication skills are a big plus.

15. Nebbie thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry what's wrong in the text i've written ?

----------

[/COLOR]

yeah sure you are righ, good speaking skill are a big plus , but why u write that's difficult to get a used computer for a good price in a store ???

16. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

very few stores have used computers for sale..and those that due have very, very limited supply.

got refurbished or ebay if u really want used

17. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

Like the others said, Apple refurbs are so expensive because it's basically a brand new laptop. You might be able to find websites, like Best Buy, that have laptops that they themselves refurbished that might be cheaper, but they might not have anything this late after they were discontinued.

Your best shot is to look on eBay or craigslist.

----------

Also, if you used a spell check, that would help. ;)

18. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Let's start with your English.

The correct term is 'Thanks for answering'.

It's not "I've just say". It's "I've just said".

"seen the refurbished one", not "see the refurbished one"

----------

If you speak English quite well, you wouldn't be saying that your friend is speaking American. There is no such language, only American English.

Penso che avrai più fortuna di parlare in spagnolo.

19. Nebbie thread starter macrumors newbie

hey genious/teacher fly down ;)

i wrote this from my mobile phone and i forgot to switch they keyboard from italian to english and i'ts possible that i did some mistake, u're not so funny to point out all my mistake (i would be thank's to u if only u did it without that sarcasm), as u know american english and brittish english are differnt in some construction phrases, in some words and ecc...i told u that i am quite good not a genious, i'm still learning it, i told that i'm only quite good what the wrong with you ? i can undestand everything perfect but in the grammatic i do some mistake i'm uman and i'm not english native language man ...

the point where not finding my mistake but having some advice

20. red321red321 macrumors regular

Why are people bashing on OP's english skills? Look around here, there are typos and grammatical errors all around. This is a forum, not Parliament or something.

And btw, I don't think "LMAO" is proper English either.