How could someone run the MBP at full brightness?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Boesky, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Boesky macrumors 6502

I have mine on one bar and I am finding this okay. Full brightness practically burns my eyes. Where do you have your brightness set to?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you tried reading from it in a fully lighted room, be it by sun or artificial light, with just one bar?

Sometimes the ambient light can not be controlled, and will be bright, and so the monitor has to be set to full brightness.

3. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

at home at night i leave it at half brightness and it's perfect. But at work, where it is super bright I leave it at like 95% brightness (second to last bar).

4. emt1 macrumors 65816

If it's in a sunlit room, full brightness. Right now... 4 dots are grey.

5. racer1441 macrumors 68000

I leave mine on 100% brightness so I can use my Macbook and wear my sunglasses to look cool:D

I agree. It's nice to have such a wide range of screen brightness options.

6. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Wow. Had my MBP for a week now, and I've never cranked the brightness all the way up.

"Holy Crap". Certain retinal damage.

Three bars is enough for me.

7. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

You do understand that your eyes adjust to different lighting conditions, right?

Unless there's something wrong with your eyes, you will be able to raise it by one notch every few seconds (just not all at once), and when it's all the way up, it will be way brighter than your surroundings, and way brighter than you need it, but your eyes will be perfectly capable of looking at it without being damaged.

This is like saying "going outside during the day would burn my eyes, because it's night right now and I can see just fine, so the sun must be super bright and I must live my life nocturnally"

8. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

You do realize I was joking, of course?

If not, let me add: I was joking. The screen is very bright. Wow.

9. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

I'm used to a 450nits brightness HDTV, so the MB's 220nits or whatever doesn't bother me.

I have my uMB on 15/16 brightness all the time.

10. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

11. Boxer757 macrumors member

I use the full spectrum. Right now it is on one bar because I am in my media room. However if I use it outdoors or in a brightly lit room I often crank it all the way up.

Also I crank it all the way up for photo/video work/viewing as I think the colors look truer. (Maybe not, but to me it makes a difference).

12. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Mine does be in 100% most of the time... It's quite alright.

13. ritze macrumors member

I keep mine at 100% all the time,Ii am so much more used it like this I don't like using it at anything lower

14. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

I agree if I run mine at anything less it does seem strange :)

I usually have mine hooked up to my ACD so having it on full is pretty standard

15. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

I like the range, sometimes there are moments when the brightest is almost not enough (albeit very rarely) and others when even on low it's a bit too bright, but for 99% of my usage it works well. I think there's a huge jump to the last bar if you ask me.;)