How could we improve on this video?

WRP

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Boston
Do you mean better now that it is already shot or how could you have shot and cut it better?

First thing that was glaringly bad was the guy reading the VO. Like horribly bad.

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
I didn't watch the whole thing, but the voice over has to be redone or else your audience retention will drop badly, plus there's some scenes with a lot of background noise that should be taken out (noise reduction)

bagelche

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
Western Mass.
I'm not clear if the voice over is intentional. If it is, it's not clear and if it's not, sorry VO guy, but total redo.

I'd recommend correcting the spelling on "Principal". Why do you use a photo of Ben Kingsley for Gandhi? Why not an actual photo of Gandhi?

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
I'm not clear if the voice over is intentional. If it is, it's not clear and if it's not, sorry VO guy, but total redo.

I'd recommend correcting the spelling on "Principal". Why do you use a photo of Ben Kingsley for Gandhi? Why not an actual photo of Gandhi?
It's pretty obvious the entire video is meant to be bad. The great thing though, is that it's slightly over the top, but not too much. The real interviews confused me, made it look serious while it actually isn't.

Ben Kingsley made me laugh so much.

I think you did a great job. You might want to remove some background hiss, but it doesn't matter that much.

However, although some cuts are intentionally short and cutting people off, I think there should be a little more room. Cuts where I would put some more frames in, would be the one at 7 seconds in, give the "teacher" a little more time. And at 2:04, when the teachers ends, you cut of pretty quick, give it a little more room. If it's on purpose, make it more obvious (cut sooner).

Mr. Pomposo is my favorite. The song made me think of The Lonely Island.
But I really love the video.

Last edited:

prvt.donut

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
What genre is it meant to be?

From watching it, it just looks badly made.

From the comments here, it seems it might have been an attempt at comedy...

In that case, make it funny and give it structure. The "real" interviews just make the whole thing seem even more confused.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.