How could we improve on this video?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jsammut, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jsammut macrumors newbie

Here we have a video that me and my friends made for one of our final projects in class. We're currently in grade 11 and just wondering what we could do to make it better... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDMHieRHbCc

2. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

Not bad. Needs more T&A. The girl in the beginning was hot.

3. jsammut thread starter macrumors newbie

Hahha thanks, i'll be sure to tell her that ;)

4. WRP macrumors 6502a

Do you mean better now that it is already shot or how could you have shot and cut it better?

First thing that was glaringly bad was the guy reading the VO. Like horribly bad.

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I didn't watch the whole thing, but the voice over has to be redone or else your audience retention will drop badly, plus there's some scenes with a lot of background noise that should be taken out (noise reduction)

6. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

I'm not clear if the voice over is intentional. If it is, it's not clear and if it's not, sorry VO guy, but total redo.

I'd recommend correcting the spelling on "Principal". Why do you use a photo of Ben Kingsley for Gandhi? Why not an actual photo of Gandhi?

7. arjen92, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

It's pretty obvious the entire video is meant to be bad. The great thing though, is that it's slightly over the top, but not too much. The real interviews confused me, made it look serious while it actually isn't.

Ben Kingsley made me laugh so much.

I think you did a great job. You might want to remove some background hiss, but it doesn't matter that much.

However, although some cuts are intentionally short and cutting people off, I think there should be a little more room. Cuts where I would put some more frames in, would be the one at 7 seconds in, give the "teacher" a little more time. And at 2:04, when the teachers ends, you cut of pretty quick, give it a little more room. If it's on purpose, make it more obvious (cut sooner).

Mr. Pomposo is my favorite. The song made me think of The Lonely Island.
    But I really love the video.

8. prvt.donut macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

What genre is it meant to be?

From watching it, it just looks badly made.

From the comments here, it seems it might have been an attempt at comedy...

In that case, make it funny and give it structure. The "real" interviews just make the whole thing seem even more confused.