how create titlebar context menu?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by browns87, Apr 22, 2011.

1. browns87 macrumors newbie

Hello,

Is there anyway to create a context (right-click) menu in the titlebar?

I am a bit new to macs and this forum, so please let me know if this is the best site to ask newbie questions or some other site would be more appropriate. I greatly appreciate any help that anyone has to offer.

Cheers

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you're referring to the bar at the top of your screen, that's the Menu Bar. In Windows, there's a title bar at the top of each application window. In Mac OS X, the menu of commands (File, Edit, View, Help, etc.) appears on the Menu Bar, which changes content based on which application is active (which window you clicked on.) What exactly are you trying to modify on the Menu Bar?

3. browns87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello and thank you for the reply. I was actually referring to the top portion of each window that contains the close, minimize and maximize buttons. On my mac, it also displays the information about the window, ie if I am in Finder in the Library folder it displays "/Library" or while at the MacRumors Forums page in Firefox, it displays "MacRmors Forums". I am not sure if this is the default setting or if I activated it using TinkerTool, nor am I sure if "Titlebar" is the proper name for this region - if you happen to know it, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.