How cute is this?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nickspohn, Jun 7, 2009.

1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

So the girl (the one i adopted the dog with, which by the way was a great success and best thing ever) has her birthday coming up in 2 weeks. I was thinking of something amazing to do, and it hit me a few days ago.

She has always wanted this Tiffany's bracelet. It's not that expensive, but it's pretty sweet. It has "I Love You" in cursive around it. On Friday, I finally went down to the Michigan Ave store and checked it out. When i finally held it I was amazed. It was one of the most amazing things I've held, because it was so surreal I was doing this. So I put a reserve on it.

I'm taking her down to the city (we live about 35 miles from it) and once we park, I'm giving her a picture, and she has the find the building. She is completely clueless. All she knows is that we are going to Chicago. Anyone who i've shared this idea with loved it. What do you think? Here is the picture I'm giving her. I won't start her too far from the place. I'm sure once she sees the Tiffany's store though she'll realize it.

[​IMG]

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I think you should pm chrmjenkins with some lessons, that's what I think...

He's my fiance...

3. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

4. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

As a hopeless romantic, I think this is sweet!

Except, I would make it more difficult. Go down there and take a series of maybe 5 photos. Start several blocks away, from the exact spot you plan to park. Take a picture of something easily within eyesight, then go ther eand take another one, etc, leading her to tiffany's.

5. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

6. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

^ I like that.

But like I said I already hit a road block. She doesn't want to go to the city. No clue why, not even if her best friend tagged along.

I'm pretty positive I can get her to change her mind though. I hope..

7. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

Well, do you have to give her the bracelet in the store? Why not find another creative way to give it to her?

You could do an easter egg hunt. I know it's past easter but still, same idea applies. In each egg, put a clue to find the next egg. Finally, lead her to ask you for the last egg or something, at which point you pull out the egg with the bracelet in it.

You could do that with photos instead of clues if you wanted.

I've led my girl on scavenger hunts around her dorm before, I left notes on bananas, on the bottom of juice containers, written backwards so she could read them without turning it upside down... I've even gone with the simple solution of asking a server to bring her some earrings I'd gotten her, on a plate at the end of dinner.

8. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Yeah I think that is going to have to be the case if I can't get her to go to Chicago.

I may set one up around town. She loves driving my car so that would make her happy right there. I don't know though, I still have time. (2 weeks)

9. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

I've found that just sitting around and sometimes browsing Instructables helps me to come up with creative ways to do things.

Heck, get a PVC pipe and put the bracelet in it. Bury it in a spot that is very easy to locate exactly, but where you can gaurantee no one else will dig it up...ideally, bury it that afternoon and get a buddy to sit nearby watching it for an hour or so while you get the girlfriend. Anyways, put a note on the pvc pipe (laminate it or something) saying "For the Love of my life" or something sweet like that, and tell her that you want to bury a time capsule with her. Build another PVC pipe time capsule and spend the afternoon reminiscing and putting stuff in it. Then, go out to bury it, and happen to dig up the pvc pipe with the bracelet in it, and act surprised and be all like, "look what I found! but I can't keep it, it says it is for the love of mylife...that's you, why don't you open it and tell me what it is?"

10. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

And I thought I was good at coming up with cute ideas... that's amazing!

11. Finz151 macrumors member

Finz151

12. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Good call bro! You're making the world a better place for some of us "nice" guy's that still exist. :D

13. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

hahaha, i lol'ed, :D

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

15. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Cute, no. But it is a sweet idea. I've had ideas similar to that when giving gifts in the past. I thought I was alone in the universe.

Kudos! I'm sure she'll love it. :)