How defective can an iPad be?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shonor6, May 5, 2012.

1. shonor6 macrumors member

Hi. I just got my New iPad (3) and after using it for a while, I noticed 2 defects (well I'm not sure if the second is really a defect). First defect is that in order to switch from portrait to landscape, when lifting the left side of the iPad, only about 5 degrees or even less are needed to switch to landscape. however, when lifting the right side of the iPad, about 35 reasonable degrees are required.
    Did anyone else experience this? Is there a way of resetting the accelerometer?

2ndly, I'm not sure, but I think that my iPad's screen has a bit of a red-ish tint to it... Did anyone else experience this?

I'm not rushing to replace the iPad since it'll take around a month until I could see it again, since I don't live in the states.

Thanks.

2. sekazi macrumors 6502

The tilting is normal. It is like that for the smart cover typing stand.

You need to better describe and picture the tint issue.. I have never seen that kind of tint issue,

3. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin

A lot of iPads have poor tint issues. It's very likely yours does too.

4. shonor6, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012

shonor6 thread starter macrumors member

Well what can I say, white colors look a bit red-ish rather than "pure", clean white.

Edit: I've compared it to an iPhone 4s, and it defiantly has a red tint. While on the iPhone the screen is clean, in the iPad it's clearly red-ish.