iPad Pro How delicate is the Apple Pencil point anyway?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jrs22, May 28, 2016.

1. jrs22 macrumors 6502

So I've been searching for a case for my iPad Pro 9.7 that would also hold my pencil with no luck so far. The Speck pencil stylefolio didn't hold my pencil securely, plus there were other aspects I didn't like. I've got a pencil cozy on so I don't need to worry about losing the cap and a rubber grip from an old pen to improve handling comfort. Maybe that's enough and the pencil can just travel in my pocket.

Or do I need to worry about marring the point in the ordinary course of events? what do other pencil users think?

2. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I'd be more worried about the electronics at the tip than the plastic point, to be perfectly honest. While the tip may wear, a sharp drop on to its point could damage the sensor underneath.

3. jayrflow macrumors 6502

Have you looked at the UAG case for the iPad Pro 9.7? I have the case and I love it. Also has a nice little pencil holder on the side which gets no complaints from me

4. iApplereviews macrumors newbie

iApplereviews

Check out the Poetic clarity it holds the pencil securely its available for the 9.7 and 12.9 and is relatively cheap! http://amzn.to/1sU6vHg

5. jrs22 thread starter macrumors 6502

I looked at the UAG folio but I was hoping for a pencil holder that was enclosed when the iPad is closed.

6. jayrflow macrumors 6502

The only case I was able to find right now with something like that is the BookBook by Twelve South. I have owned a few of their iPad cases, currently have a case for my iPhone 6S Plus from them and I love it. Looking at a $100 price tag tho for the case.

7. jrs22 thread starter macrumors 6502

After looking at the poetic clarity on Amazon I took a look at the poetic quarterback. the pencil snaps into two brackets and one of the reviewers demonstrated that it works with the pencil cozy and a rubber grip. The downside is that the pencil is on the outside but it might be worth it to hang on to the pencil cozy.

I would need an apple Smart Cover though it seems a shame to spend so much more on the cover than the case.

8. iApplereviews macrumors newbie

iApplereviews

This one stores it inside when closed http://amzn.to/1RUB1oT

9. jrs22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Something to consider. Did you notice the price? $90 now with standard packaging and $64 in frustration-free packaging down the road.