How did Apple fix your MacBook Pro 2018 with T2-related issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pttai, Nov 30, 2018.

1. pttai macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    I am a new user to the Macs, and it is so unfortunate that MacBook Pro is my first experience with the MacOS ecosystem. What happened to mine is similar to some other original posts, my fresh-out-of-the-box 13 inch MacBook Pro restarted for no reason after one night then rebooted with a notification of kernel panics. The situation got worse after 2 months of using. I saw it more frequently and after one night of trying to reinstall my MacOS because I had a few issues with iCloud, my MacBook Pro was not able to finish its installation, shutting down suddenly while automatically setting ups my iClouds, and rebooted. After logging in, the notification of kernel panics appeared again, then the Mac froze for 2-3 seconds, shut down and rebooted again. The cycle had gone in that way the whole morning that I had to sent my Mac to the nearest AASP. They tried everything from reinstall the OS, reset NVRAM,... but nothing worked.
    I have no idea what this problem. Is this related to the T2 epidemic that most members are having right here? My Repair Status shows that Apple has received my product, but it has been more than 2 weeks, and that is the only thing they are showing on the site. I have called and they said that they are still figuring out what problem my Mac is having. I'm so worried now.
    If that is a T2-related issue, does anyone here know what Apple might do to my Mac to fix it?

2. SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

Replace it with another and hope you don’t have the same problem? Doesn’t seem as though Apple themselves know how to fix the problematic ones.

3. pttai thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for replying!
    There are only 3 days left until the expected day of the return of my Mac and there has been no call or messages or announcement. The site still only says they have received my Mac. I guess I need to return this one and exchange for the iPad Pro instead. If the Mac keeps happening like this, it is really frustrating.

4. SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

It is hard to say what you could expect even from a replacement one. Some folks ordered theirs in week 1 and have had zero issues. Others like myself have had issues with multiple machines. It seems to be a bit of a lottery.

Hopefully, they will offer to replace yours and the replacement turns out to be problem free for you.