How did AT&T do last year with meeting release date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbdeen, Jun 15, 2010.

1. jbdeen macrumors newbie

Woke up at 4AM EST to use the John, and thought I'd go ahead with my pre-order since I was already up. After messing around on Apple's website for an hour I just went to AT&T's site and had 2 phones (family plan) and my unlimited data plan within 10 minutes.

The reason I didn't go to AT&T at first is that I had a HORRIBLE experience with them in 08 with the iPhone 3G. (waited in line only to get a reservation, not a phone, which didn't get delivered for about two weeks -- meanwhile Apple Store shelves were restocked and available!!!)

My question is, were things better with the 3GS last year??? Can I expect to get my phone delivered on the 24th given that my pre-order was done within the first 70min it was available for online pre-order?

I really don't like AT&T. :mad:

2. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

I had a similar experience last year ordering the 3Gs from AT&T online as I did this year ordering the 4...slow ordering, doubted my order went through, etc, but got my phone delivered on release day by Fedex...was left on my front doorstep and I was happy. I expect I will get the 4 on my step on the 24th.

3. jmh0523 macrumors member

ur fine they're good. I have a flight at night on the 24th and I know it will be there in the afternoon. Just like last year. ATT is good

4. fuzion macrumors 6502

OMG where did you get a 4G from?!!? I was only able to order a 4

5. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

Smart@$$

6. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

So if i need to order a brand new family plan, the best way is to do it through att.com? then hope that i get it on the 24th? what should i do?

7. jbdeen thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to hear. I feel as though AT&T will continue to take people's money (my card was charged right away) with no regard as to when they will actually be able to fullfill those pre-orders. I suspect that at some point people who pre-orered with them will have to wait significantly past the release date and won't have much of an option because they have already paid and don't want the hassle and delay of canceling...

Hopefully cause mine was one of the earliest pre-orders I won't be in that boat, but I don't put it past them.

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

9. pawo macrumors member

The att store I went to only had store pick up... no delivery. But the manager told me they'll have them in 2-3 days before the 24th, and that I could pick it up at the store on the 24th. Works for me.