how did it all started?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yodaxl7, Jul 19, 2010.

1. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

I suspect one user posted on YouTube. Apple made it obvious where to touch or not. "do not the hot pan" Media heard about it in the most excited period, launch day. It caught on fire! Competitiors may worsen the problem by throwing some fake you tubes with the reals to appear the problem is wide spread. Android fanboys and apple hatera put in their hands in this.

2. rvvisse macrumors newbie

3. atticus27 macrumors regular

atticus27

It probably wouldn't have been half as bad if Jobs didn't show off where the antena was during wwdc and blogs used it to get hits.

4. nexsta macrumors 6502

I think Gizmodo summed up the first videos about this problem.

5. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

lolXD I don't even understand what you said.
    Only the "one user posted it on YouTube".
    My response to that - The issue (much bigger than it really is) is affecting more than just one user.

6. randomerratum macrumors 6502

I think it actually started here; on MacRumors
    One guy posted the youtube video and posted it here.
    I think if you go back, Gizmodo attributes the first report to a MacRumors reader, I think.

I remember seeing it pop up the night before launch (a bunch of people got theirs delivered 1 day early) ... that's the first I saw it.

7. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Well you see when a man and a woman really love eachother they.....

8. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

As soon as Apple decided to call the next iPhone "iPhone 4".

You see, the number four (4) is an unlucky number in the Chinese culture/business which sounds similar to the English word "death" when pronounced in Cantonese.

Look at the events (1) lost prototype (2) suicides of Foxconn workers (3) "antennagate" issue (4) bad press (5) falling stock prices. I've never heard of so much news for one device from Apple or any other company! The iPhone 4 is plagued with bad luck!

But people will still buy it, including myself. I case all my phones anyway.

9. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

This place is turning into the Olive Garden of MacRumors.

10. lionqueen macrumors 6502

what?

11. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes, I couldn't believe it....

12. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Do you like gladiators?

13. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

that movie was sweet!! def top 10 of all time action/fight movies!!

14. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

As soon as Apple decided to call the next iPhone "iPhone 4".

You see, the number four (4) is an unlucky number in the Chinese culture/business which sounds similar to the English word "death" when pronounced in Cantonese.

Look at the events (1) lost prototype (2) suicides of Foxconn workers (3) "antennagate" issue (4) bad press (5) falling stock prices. I've never heard of so much news for one device from Apple or any other company! The iPhone 4 is plagued with bad luck!

But people will still buy it, including myself. I case all my phones anyway.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't think Steve Jobs (or someone at Apple who responds to email) sending me the infamous "Non issue. Just avoid holding it in that way." helped the situation when I asked "Thanks for the tech. Question - What's going to be done about the signal dropping issue. Is it software or hardware?"

16. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

I must reluctantly take credit (or blame) as the first person to start a thread about the issue. I received my phone the day before launch and immediately noticed the issue right after set up.

17. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

Which movie are you thinking of? The previous posters are referencing Airplane!

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Oh yeah - but I emailed Jobs.. So there ;)

Kidding of course - ultimately who cares how it got started. You could say it was started the second the redesigned the phone...

19. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

Hey, I care! ;) When "iPhone 4: The Movie" is produced, I want to have a say in who plays my role.

20. hcho3 macrumors 68030

It all started with all of fools like you buying another iphone 4.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

Oh.. In that case - I pick Edward Norton to play me.

22. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

23. samcraig macrumors P6

So you posted to bump up the thread? And you clicked in even though it sounds like you don't care.

Seems a bit silly for you to post what you did, no?

24. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice