how did this float at apple

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by astromoose, Oct 24, 2008.

1. astromoose macrumors member

astromoose

the new MBP is wider, deeper, and heavier. and has worse battery life. WTF.

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

and thinner, and faster, and more energy efficient thus not needing the bigger battery, and cooler running, and less hot on the bottom even at the same temp, and sturdier.....

Of course, all that couldn't of gotten into your little anonymous internet whine, could it? Senseless, uncaring monster, even with screen names.......

3. astromoose thread starter macrumors member

astromoose

Not trying to whine... just saying I need a new mac and am thinking about getting the newest of the old generation until core i7 comes out.

4. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

5. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

You can't seriously rejoice in the minuscule reduction in height (0.05")when they increased the footprint by about 0.25" in both directions and increased the weight. If so, you've been duped. They just relocated the mass and added some while they were at it, making sure that by some itsy bitsy margin they could advertise it as "thinner". That selling point is almost insulting.

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

has better graphics, CPU, RAM and DOES have a better or same battery life.

7. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

This is not a good way to get respect on MacRumors, nor have other members take your posting seriously in the future.

That sums it up as I know it.

On the negative, a little heavier, and although a little bit thinner, it is a little bigger.

8. MacGeekDC macrumors 6502

So don't buy one?

9. benjs macrumors regular

Maybe Apple should start saying "Well, we've been lying.. it's not really much thinner, don't buy it for that reason" on their website. I'm sure that'd help sales! Or how about "The new, and barely updated, 17" MacBook Pro.. In fact, the graphics card has quite the failure rate". It is a common business practice to exaggerate selling points in order to appeal to the masses. I'm sick of everyone thinking Apple owes each and every one of us an apology for whatever practices they have that we disagree with. People. Come on. What's the purpose of a business? To make money. They can advertise it as thinner if they want to.. it's the responsibility of the consumer's to seek out the differences themselves. My two cents.

10. MacGeekDC macrumors 6502

Completely agree

11. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

i'd so kill for a new macbook
    i gotta say i bet al gore will even be proud of his purchase (if he did buy one) its a 100% green device made from recycled materials. not to mention the graphics of that thing is ennormous!
    the only thing i'd whine about is the price and the fact that i dont have money but hey, thats what jobs are for:D

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Oh no. IT WEIGHS AN EXTRA OUNCE! IT'S AN EXTRA TENTH OF AN INCH WIDER!

Someone at work bought a MacBook, and yeah, it's a wee heavier than the previous ones. But it's frickin' metal instead of plastic, and it felt sturdier than even my MBP.

You can't improve EVERYTHING without a little sacrifice. Just look at getting better miles per gallon in a car. You have to sacrifice horsepower. Tradeoffs, ya know. But when gas hit $4/gallon, it sure was nice to get 23 mpg instead of 18 mpg on my newer car.

13. wheelhot macrumors 68020

OP - 9 posts.

Seriously, what's up with the complaints coming out from new forum members? :rolleyes:

Oh well, yeah it does increase width, and weight, but wait a moment, the increase is miniscule (extremely small; tiny). It is unlikely you will feel the difference especially considering that you didn't own a mbp before.

I will say the advantages found in the new MBP far out weights its disadvantages, it has 2 GPUs, so you can actually run an integrated GPU to save power which will make its battery life slightly shorter then the MB (because of the screen size and maybe processor speed).

14. iphonematt Guest

Actually the new MacBook is made of Aluminum is is .5 pounds LIGHTER. The MBP does weight a little more, but it is worth it for the Dual GPU and some of the new features in the MBP. Honestly, is .2 pounds heavier going to hurt anyone because after all, it is still the lightest 15" notebook.

15. James17 macrumors 6502

I have the new and old one. I'm disappointed the new one is heavier but apart from that, hardware wise it's alot better.

16. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Pot, consider the kettle called black.

17. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

With better diet and homogenized milk we are getting taller, stronger and overall healthier. That alone should make that new notebook easier to carry. As far as battery life, it is likely OS10.5.5 and that should be fixed when the next update is released.

18. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Not to mention, but Snow Leopard is supposed to weigh less so in less than a year the MBP will be easier to carry.

19. wheelhot macrumors 68020

Haha, good one, I always complain that its too easy to identify people who spend a lot of time in front of the computer because they hunch a lot. We need to exercise people!!!! :D

LOL, this is just plain funny :D