how did this unexplainable space come about?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lamerlizer, Oct 13, 2007.

1. lamerlizer macrumors regular

lamerlizer

Picture 1.png

hi guys, i have jailbreaked my ipod, and all of a sudden my flash drive is filled with 900 mb of data! could someone enlighten me? please? please please? pretty please? :(

2. bliks macrumors member

There might be a bunch of bogus files that copyied over or you were uninstalling/reinstalling a lot of apps...

how do you get itunes to show you how many days and not just megs? I think thats kindda cool.

3. lamerlizer thread starter macrumors regular

lamerlizer

oh you just have to click on the bar and it'll change to days, lol. my god, i know i've been installing and deleting alot, but 900mb is abit unrealistic for one day, lol

4. nlivo macrumors 6502a

the only time i have had that amount of "other" (nearly exactly 900mb aswell) was when i was doing a sync and it was adding a big movie on, but once it had finished that movie and moved onto the next it when back down to nothing. try ejecting and all that crap.

5. lamerlizer thread starter macrumors regular

lamerlizer

6. bliks macrumors member

hah,m thats awesome.. thats not really something I would click on randomly.. lol

the movie thing does make sense. eject from itunes then plug back in and see what happens

7. lamerlizer thread starter macrumors regular

lamerlizer

hmm i'm now reloading all the songs. then i see how it goes. if not i'll turn on my windows and switch user and erase everything on the ipod. at this rate i'll go crazy. about the disconnecting and connecting, i've done it alot of times, though not on purpose. i did it because i installed new stuff, lol

8. lamerlizer thread starter macrumors regular

lamerlizer

or did i type in any code wrongly to make it think it has 900mb of used space?

9. rworne macrumors 6502

I had this problem on mine after "aborting" a sync. I had enough stuff to fill the flash drive and after the abort, I lost all the space used by the stuff iTunes copied.

That is, iTunes no longer recognized it as used space due to music, it was just lost space with lost capacity.

I needed to do a full restore and all was well. I tried to duplicate it, but it worked OK on subsequent tries.