How Did "up to date" work during "Tiger" release??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aldalric, Oct 10, 2007.

1. aldalric macrumors newbie

Since I missed out on the "Tiger" hype, How did the "up to date" program work? Did you get a "Full Build" of Tiger, or one specific to your Mac?? (like a system restore disk??) I'm interested in buying a MB Pro for my theater design work, and would like to time it near enough to the release to get a discount on Leopard.

(not that Steve would use the Tiger release as a formula for this release)

I'm tired of doing lighting design work (IE. CAD) on my ibook G3 600MHZ 14" These old eyes can't see things like they used to and I need a speed boost (and some business deductions for taxes this year)

2. Not-a-cliche macrumors regular

I have no idea what you're talking about.

3. aldalric thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, I stated that wrong... instead of "Full Build" I should have said "Retail Version"

4. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I believe it was an unpackaged retail version (I.e., no fancy box). But I may be thinking of an iLife uptodate.

5. aldalric thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Le Big Mac... that would make sense, but i thought I'd better ask...

I would like to try and use xpost hack and get it into this little g3 I have. I've xposted 10.4 into my old clamshell 300mhz/192ram and it works just fine, slow but stable...

I'm hoping that we will know the Apple hardware/software holiday lineup by the 10/30 and then I can make my purchase