How did you get to Mavericks?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by CarreraGuy, Jan 4, 2014.

?

How did you get to Mavericks?

1. My Mac came with it!

11.4%
  2. Mountain Lion

74.7%
  3. Lion

10.1%
  4. Snow Leopard

11.4%
  5. Leopard

2.5%
  6. Tiger or earlier

2.5%
  1. CarreraGuy macrumors regular

CarreraGuy

For me north from Santa Cruz on Hwy 1.

OK seriously :) just curious. I upgraded from Mountain Lion on my iMac and from Snow Leopard on my MBP.

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

my mbp came with ML, i did the DP upgrades, it messed up and i had to delete everything on my mac (froze the launch screen thing, gave me the eternal loading symbol). Restored to ML via internet and download DP8 or one of those directly and never upgraded again until the final build came out, the equivalent of iOS GM build lol.

3. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I have a late 2011 MBP and have upgraded to every OS since Leopard. So, that's a long-winded way of saying "from Mountain Lion."

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i got my first macbook pro and it came with it, couldnt be happier.

5. allthingsapple macrumors member

I upgraded from ML. Have updated to every os since Snow Leopard.

6. CandyRedNinja macrumors member

CandyRedNinja

I put a new hdd in my Mac. Went straight to mavericks with a usb stick

7. CarreraGuy thread starter macrumors regular

CarreraGuy

Right just realized that.. a lot of us here probably upgrade every major release. But you came from ML cool.

I was sweating bullets when upgrading my MBP from Snow Leopard because it's older but more importantly I use it for work :eek:

My thinking was this poll may reveal some interesting stats for those who did the jump to Mavericks skipping some because it's free? Or just had one too many drinks one night and nothing else to do.

8. Pompiliu macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

I voted the first option since i buy a new mac every 8-10 months.

9. sixrom macrumors 6502a

I haven't migrated to Mavericks... yet. I'd much rather wait until more of the bugs are sorted out. Apples NOT AS Trustworthy as they once were. It would be great to see them return to their past practice of delivering well sorted software. It was never perfect and that's OK, BUT... It was indeed far better than their rather complacent, buggy deliveries of the current time.

10. CarreraGuy thread starter macrumors regular

CarreraGuy

If you wander around here long enough you'll see old posts people cursing the hell out of Lion when it was released. One of the reasons I didn't upgrade my MBP until Mavericks, plus I don't like cats.

My two upgrades to Mavericks went smoother than expected, but I had low expectations from the start. And I'm a convert from Windows who had to deal with the Vista mess.

11. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Oh please, just stop. Mountain Lion got flack, Lion got flack, Snow Leopard got major flack, Tiger (although their best IMO, got flack), Panther got "some flack" and Jaguar had bugs all the way to the final update before Panther, so please spare us that Apple use to give quality software. It's the same, they just have more customers now that came from Windows expecting a damn miracle cure and they didn't get it. :p

As far as the pole, I technically upgraded from ML but my 27" QC i7 iMac came imaged with Lion.

12. Eithanius macrumors 65816

But a damn miracle cure is why Apple dumbing down OS X to accommodate them... :rolleyes:

13. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

14. CarreraGuy thread starter macrumors regular

CarreraGuy

Forum moderators will ban you if they can detect a post from a non-Apple device :p

15. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I can't post from my phone its to slow... But I will be happy to give the moderators my address so they can mail me a Mac.

16. HenryDJP macrumors 603

That's your opinion and not fact and thank goodness that your opinion has zero affect on my computing life. :rolleyes:

17. Eithanius macrumors 65816

Then why bother imposing your computer life onto others whom genuinely believe that Mavericks sucks...? You hold shares with Apple...? :rolleyes:

18. MacMan988 macrumors 6502a

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

MBP went from ML to Mavericks
    Mini went from SL to Mavericks.

20. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I took two Mac's from Mountain Lion to Mavericks and one Mac from Lion to Mavericks. All went well with no hitches anywhere.

21. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I went from ML to Mavericks.

I'm a wild man...living on the ragged edge!:cool:

22. sixrom macrumors 6502a

I'm simply sharing my experience having purchased nearly every new MBP since their release. Why so many... because the work I do requires the most speed & resources currently available. If my Mac was for personal use only, the annoyances caused by buggy releases would be easier to tolerate. Nonetheless make no mistake, I am NOT bashing Apple!

It's just a computer and bugs are to be expected from time to time.

23. HenryDJP macrumors 603

And just who the heck are you to speak to me that way? Oh, I get it. According to you, MR should only be a freaking pity party for people to whine about how Apple's system sucks. My mistake, could've sworn this is an Apple enthusiast board to share views of all types and to HELP people and not just to spread FUD. This is not a poop on Apple forum. Go roll your eyes somewhere else.

24. linuxfanatik macrumors newbie

I got to Mavericks from Mountain Lion - which was very good in its class, however i am still discovering everything about Mavericks so cannot judge it yet.

From my experience with Computer Systems, as a computer Administrator, no one computer system is faultless - all have bugs that need addressing eventually. Wishing for the un-natural perfect solution to all Mac Problems in a Computer System is un-realistic - far better if you suggest ways to avoid bugs in the first place and/or contribute to Apple where you found a bug, when and how it manifested itself to you. What importance you feel the bug is, how it affects your confidence in Apple or the product you have bought into are all factors that matter to Apple.:cool:

25. zepman macrumors regular

zepman

My MPB came with Leopard installed. Since then, I have update to every new OS the same day it's been released.