How did you spend your time waiting for your MacBook to ship?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by STSNorthstar, Mar 17, 2009.

1. STSNorthstar macrumors regular

I ordered yesterday with a frineds and family discount of 15% To do that, it has to be shipped, although an Apple Store is only 10 minutes from me.

I have to wait 2 more days. I'm close to cutting pieces of paper out in the right size as a mockup....

What did everyone do while waiting for shipping?

2. cmac89 macrumors newbie

Checked FedEx tracker all the time even though I knew that wasnt going to make it come any faster.

On the estimated delivery day, I stayed cooped up in my house until it was delivered.

Then ended staying home anyways because I was playing with my new obsession. haha

;-)

3. jtibbitt macrumors regular

jtibbitt

Actually, mine arrive the day before scheduled. But I spent my time searching forums for tips and tricks on the new toy.

4. youssefm macrumors 6502

I didn't wait.. i ran to the closest apple store (there are 3 around me =D) and I took my brother for his edu. discount.. saved 100 bux on the 2.0ghz model

5. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

lived life as normal until it arrived, then cleared my schedule to play with it.

6. STSNorthstar thread starter macrumors regular

My education discount would have removed 100 dollars. Friends and family removed 240 dollars, but I had to wait.

I ordered more memory before I ordered the computer. Pathetic.

And the incessant refreshing of fedex is killing me. I'm glad it's FedEx though, UPS tends to rough up the packages a little more.

Mine still says its departed Lewisberry, PA.

7. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I stood at the counter for 12 seconds until the employee shipped it into my hands! :D

8. Agurri macrumors 6502

Agurri

One thing I did while my macbook was shipping is cleaning my room, but mostly my desk. I wanted my macbook to come in a clean home :)

9. ElectroGhandi macrumors regular

ElectroGhandi

Um, I just go about my normal routine, you know, like a normal person.

10. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

I ordered it, worked the rest of the day (distraction enough), went home, ate, slept, went back to work the next day and it was there for me 2 hours later.

$20 for overnight shipping was so worth it for the near immediate gratification.

11. Odid macrumors regular

Just mostly looked up any tips or tricks... browse through macbook threads.

Got mine from Amazon for $1150 =D