How difficult is it to buy a "red ring" 360 and get it repaired by MS?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MovieCutter, Oct 8, 2007.

1. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I'm looking for a cheap ass 360 and I've found a few on CL that are "broken" but still in warranty. Is there a reason why people just aren't getting these repaired? What would stop me from buying one and sending it in to MS to get it repaired or refurbed or whatever? Any experiences?

2. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Busted mod job, perhaps?

Maybe want to keep that in mind...that's the only thing I can come up with.

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I've got an Xbox 360 with the red ring of death. I've never opened it, dropped it, banged it or modded it. It just packed up. But I really can't be bothered with the hassle of sending it off to Microsoft and having to follow them up until I get it back. Maybe I should, I miss having a second DVD player in my room.

I'm just saying that there are legitimate reasons (if lazy) why people would rather sell then sending it back to Microsoft. Plus at this point I'd rather just get a PS3 as the Xbox 360 seems to be suffering tons of problems in general.

4. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

My friend kinda panicked when his Rev A 360 RRoD'd after playing Halo 3 for a while. He simply put it up on eBay for sale and went to FutureShop to get a new one. Spoiled brat, I say.

5. thegreatunknown macrumors regular

if you read the details about MS's warranty for the red ring death it states they will fix it only for the person who first registered the xbox. Therefore, if you buy one that is already registered, the person who registered it has to be the person to send it in.