How disappointing......

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chefhow, Oct 14, 2008.

1. chefhow macrumors newbie

I waited for an extra 3 weeks and passed on soooo many good deals to see nothing changed for either the Mini's or the iMacs. Oh well

2. deff808 macrumors member

Online store is still down...

I been waiting to purchase a imac, i thought this event would, lessen the iMacs!

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

The event invitation was called "Spotlight turns to notebooks". Why is it surprising that iMacs and Mac minis were not included?

4. chefhow thread starter macrumors newbie

No update on the Mini in over a year, would have atleast expected that.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

This thread is soooooooooooooo disappointing.

6. G5power macrumors 6502

The point that you can carry away is that the mini is still alive. If the earlier rumors of a $799 price point for an entry level MacBook had been true then I would not have been surprised to see the mini disappear.

The fact that the mini is still there means that at a later date there will be either a bump of the specs or it will be dropped for some other form factor such as the rumored hybrid between the mini and the apple TV.

A spec bump for the mini is an easy & cheap thing for Apple. So possibly that will be an update that shows up one of these Tuesdays.

Having said that I can understand your pain in waiting. I hung out waiting for something like that for the mini for months until I gave up and bought an iMac.