How dissapointed will you be if...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hecklerdanny, May 28, 2008.

1. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

How dissapointed will you be if the new 3G iPhone doesn't have GPS OR a front facing camera for video conferencing?

I personally don't care all that much about GPS but I think a front facing camera for video conferencing through a cell phone would be one of the funnest/coolest thing to come around in a while.

What if it's just like the 1st generation iPhone, minus the ability to connect to 3G?

These are fun and torturous times to be an Apple fan.

2. viggen61 macrumors 6502

Slightly and not at all. GPS, for me, is a "that's neat" feature. It's not a make-or-break feature.

And as for video conferenceing, I couldn't care less. If it's there, fine, if not, I won't miss it. I don't use it at my desk, so why should I start with my mobile?

I guess if one has lots of friends to video conference with, it'll be great.

I likely wouldn't be bothered too much by the lack of G3 speed, but I think that Apple has to include this feature. At present, I don't own one, so pretty much regardless of the exact feature set, I'm getting one...

Indeed!

:apple:

3. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

I have to agree with you. I don't really mind the GPS situation, though the front facing camera would be extremley useful. I don't think it would have been that hard of a task for apple to do, but then again they create it so they have all the say on what goes into their products. Lets just hope for the best!!

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

No GPS would be pretty disappointing. Everything else I can live with.

5. Hecklerdanny thread starter macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

I know your point that if you don't use Video Conferencing now, you wouldn't then. I, on the other hand, use the heck out of it now with my fiance who's an hour and a half away holed up in medical school. We're both getting the next gen iPhones, we'd use any video conferencing feature to no end.

6. viggen61 macrumors 6502

That's great. I'm sure there are lots of features I won't use that others will and vice-versa!

And, there's always the possiblity that new uses could be discovered!

Cheers!

:apple:

7. amarcus macrumors 6502

GPS would be nice, but frankly I couldn't care less about video conferencing.

Now the real question is how disappointed will you be if...

...there isn't a better camera?

Adam

8. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

Not that this is what you and your fiancé will use it for but the if the new iPhone has video conferencing and it works even reasonably well, it will surely be a big boon for phone sex.

Judging by the ads, those "call a random girl for phone sex" places do big business and if there is video involved it can only be more popular.

This also means more celebrity sex videos and "upskirts" on youtube as people make the inevitable privacy mistakes/offences. It means that more and more people will have a video camera literally at their fingertips 24/7 so we can expect more embarassment all around I guess. :)

9. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I don't really care about GPS and I don't care at all for a front camera so... "not very" if those two things don't show up!

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I think I could do without GPS or video conferencing for another year! :cool:

11. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

to be honest with you I could care less if the new iPhone did NOT have GPS or a Front Facing Camera. It would be nice for wow factor, but will no detour me from buying one.

12. javadh macrumors member

I just sold my iPhone for $500 and have some $200 more to spend on the new iPhone, so am hoping to see lots of features for the money I'm paying.

13. phinnaeus macrumors member

Thank you so much; you just made my day.

Meh, it is ruined again.

Oh, and I will throw a tantrum if there is no video conferencing. OMG.

14. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

All I really want is the 3G.

GPS is nice (my current GPS is terrible) cause I'm comepletely dependant on it...yeah, I know...sad :D.

15. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

I really don't care to use GPS in a phone, and I have no interest in video conferencing, so I would not be disappointed at all.

I hope that those features are added, however, as so many people seem to want them.

16. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

don't care, I want more storage capacity and MMS

17. aethelbert macrumors 601

I'll be dissapointed if it doesn't have them because then I'll have a month of having to dig through the forum for real discussion due to a massive amount of "WTF NO GPS? IPHONE SUCKS" posts.

18. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

GPS? None whatsoever as I have never felt the important need for it and haven't even used the small version found on the current iPhone

As for the video, I don't care if it is front or back. As long as it is on the new version, I am content and happy

19. zmit macrumors regular

complete opposite to you.....
    i had a front camera on my last phone.... i think i used it once in a year... purely 'because i could'

im hanging out for the GPS (but im also enjoying my time with my current iPhone...)

20. elbirth macrumors 65816

I don't care for video chatting, so that won't bother me. I do like the novelty of recording short video clips, but of it's on the front, it'll be annoying to not see the screen as you record something in front of you. Youtube upload would be sweet.

As for GPS, I won't be on a rage if it's not there, but I would quite like to have it. Triangulation is ok, but lacks when you're in a new area and trying to figure out where you are. Recently I went to New York for the first time and my friend's map on his Blackberry was horrible. Google maps on the iPhone is much nicer, not to mention it shows where the subway stations are. Being able to pinpoint my location via gps instead of a rough estimate with triangulation would be great, not tomention the plethora of other location aware features that could come about.

21. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

I've never used video conferencing, so I don't care if it has a front facing camera or not. I definitely understand why some people would want it and I think it's a cool feature, I just probably won't use it much.

But I don't understand how people don't think GPS would be cool. GPS integrated with the Google Maps app that is already on the phone would be amazing.

Add voice turn by turn directions with a bunch of the things already in the web version of Google Maps (topgraphic maps, streetview, access to saved and custom maps, etc)...and integrate them with GPS and you're looking at a pretty impressive navigation and GPS unit. Really the possibilities for it are endless.

22. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

Simply put, very. If apple wants to stay "ahead" of the game, they'll need at least one of those two features, preferably both.

23. wideholic macrumors newbie

wideholic

Nope!

There will be GPS and Fron Camera and improved back camera also.

Iam expecting few more cool features like let say..

Time Machine function and Cooking function etc.

It's Mr.Jobs the iMagician!!!

Impossible is Nothing :):apple::apple::apple::apple:

24. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

25. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

not too bothered, nice enough if they dont effect size and battery too much, front facing camer i dont give 2 hoots, 3G and apps are what counts, back camera upgrade wouldnt go a miss.