How do 02 connect the iPhone (contract)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tomacwhite, Jun 18, 2009.

1. tomacwhite macrumors regular

..In store when you buy it I mean. Do they unbox the phone and insert the sim and call it through to 02?

Call me anal and fussy, but I'd like to unbox it all myself!

Does anyone know?

2. krisglasgow macrumors newbie

If the staff try to take mine out the box it will rip there F***ing hand off.

Dont know where there hands have been (in a nokia Prob LOL Yuck)

K

3. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

no they let you open it and get you to insert the sim etc

4. tomacwhite thread starter macrumors regular

This is interesting. I just went to my 02 shop today and asked them this question, they told me the activation is purely through iTunes and they wont be doing anything in store at all. She said they normally do it in the store but it simply wont be possible tomorrow (obviously expecting it to be busy).

This sounds like how it used to be, but then the phone wasn't subsidised by 02 so they had their money already.

Weird huh?

5. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

When I got my 3G, the contract is all set up without opening the phone (IMEI etc is just read from the box). He was going to get it opened up and activated for me but I said that i'd rather do that myself since I know what I'm doing, he was happy enough and sent me on my way :)

6. tomacwhite thread starter macrumors regular

Just to confirm, I got mine this morning and they provide you with a SIM card seperate to the phone box, and read the IMEI data from the back of the 3GS box. Yay!