All iPads How do capacitive stylus' work and...?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by siritalks, Nov 29, 2012.

1. siritalks macrumors member

Hi there,

I'm looking at adding a stylus to my Xmas list that is compatable with both the iPad and iPad mini.

Question is, how do these things work? I'm uneasy with using too many devices that are hooked up to some kind of network / wireless / super-crazy-laser-beamy ****, but I've never really been sure how stylus' work... whether they're using wireless of some kind or if it's just literally touch.

Also, what stylus' would you recommend, mainly for note taking (so they need to be accurate for writing).

Many thanks...

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

1, no need to be afraid of any kind of field / radiation - capacitive stili don't emit anything.

2, see http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1344084 - you can't expect much, accurateness-wise, from ANY capacitive pen. (Of course, some Apple fanboys will debate this... and as soon as the iPad also introduces Wacom pen support - as does the Samsung Note (Tab) -, those people will be the first to call the old capacitive pen inaccurate.)

3. siritalks thread starter macrumors member

By Wacom pen support, do you mean that the Bamboo Stylus doesn't work with the iPad?