How do Edition buyers get additional Edition bands

bniu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Say I buy a $12K 42mm Edition yellow gold with sport band watch, how would I go about buying the Edition classic buckle?

For a $12K watch, the answer had better not be a "sorry, there's no way"

Trickhot3102

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2013
Every AW edition owner gets a spot light with the Tim Cook symbol on it. Whenever you need help, shine it into the night sky and within minutes Tim Cook will be at your door ;)

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
Every AW edition owner gets a spot light with the Tim Cook symbol on it.
That is NOT true unless mine was packed without the symbol. I didn't even look for one in the box, but if it were there, it shouldn't be hidden or anything.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Don't the Edition owners have some sort of special hotline for help?

I'm sure they can get more bands through that hotline.

p3ntyne

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney, Australia
If you are seriously considering the Watch Edition, you could purchase a classic buckle and get it gold plated with 18 karat gold, until Apple lets people purchase new bands. As long as it's 18 karat, no one will be able to tell the difference and if you flip it over, it'll still show as a genuine Edition.

I would imagine they did this so owners didn't have mismatching crowns. Since the SB and CB can both be black, I think there should be an option when purchasing it.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
That is NOT true unless mine was packed without the symbol. I didn't even look for one in the box, but if it were there, it shouldn't be hidden or anything.
Yours is missing the Tim Cook symbol? You should call Apple and complain, that's one of the major perks of being an Edition owner and you're missing out on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.