How do games look/perform with the new resolution?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Razeus, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Razeus macrumors 603

just wondering if the games still look great on the higher rez screen. Any issues?

2. s0vereignT macrumors member

So far they seem to scale well, so they don't look any worse than on an older iPhone, but it certainly looks pitiful compared to the rest of the phone's interface which is running at the new resolution.

3. krypt17 macrumors member

sonic 1 and 2 crashes on me when displayed in full screen.. Seems like a few apps need updating.. I wanna yell at the developers "LETS GOOOOOO!"

4. FIH macrumors newbie

Peggle just had an update yesterday, and it runs extremely well on the iphone 4. Super fast initial loading, and it now supports multitasking. Used to take like 30 secs to load, so I'm amazed. On top of that, there used to be a little lag, but it's like it's on nitros now. But this is coming from somebody who's been using a 2g iphone until today.

5. Razeus thread starter macrumors 603

I just bought a bunch of EA games and Gameloft games that are on sale for $.99. These better work...

6. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Not that great.

Facebook is pixelated
    Chase mobile banking is pixelated
    Solitaire free is pixelated.
    Also, all the icons are pixelated.

I was going to start a new thread asking this question, now I don't. How much effort would it take for a developer to make it seamless for the iPhone 4? Would they have to make more than one app? How will the app look on older models? Do they just set permissions saying "this is for 326ppi" and "this is for 126ppi" (or whatever the resolution is for older models)?