How do I access Another Country's itune/App store?? is it possible?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by VideoNewbie, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Go to the iTunes store. Scroll down to the bottom right corner and you will see the flag of the store you are using. A US flag if you are in the US store. Click the flag and you can select a different country.

The same applies for the Apple Mac App store.

2. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

But if you don't have a credit card from that country you won't be able to make any purchases / downloads.

3. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Hmm... The work around for that is to buy an iTunes gift card. And use that in the other country's store.

----------

Looks like I'm wrong. I checked the gift card site.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

I think the logic behind it is not from Apple, but from the content people. Suppose you want to buy the video for movie ZZZ and it's available on the U.S. apple store but not in the Apple store for country XXX. If you live in country XXX, Apple may not have the rights to sell movie ZZZ in your country, which leads to the reasons Apple doesn't allow the cross-country purchases.

5. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

so id have to buy an itunes gift card from another country?
    wouldnt that be easily obtainable

and i dont get it. why do they let you view another country's itunes but they dont let you purchase anything?
    whats the point

6. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I would check for websites that sell iTunes gift cards for other countries. Switch stores, then use the gift card. I know there are department stores that sell iProducts and iTunes gift cards. Maybe you can find an international site that takes US credit cards. It's worth a try to look.

7. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

My country's iTunes store is very limited and so a lot of people where I live have a US itunes account. They purchase their apps using a US gift card which can be bought online and the code gets sent to you. You won't be able to buy anything from the US iTunes store with a non US credit card.

8. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

What site are they buying the gift cards and are they using a foreign credit card?

9. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Yes, we use our country's credit card. The site is called www.offgamers.com

There, click on Store-> Gift Cards