**How Do I Access My Apps From Different Computers?**

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JayDude132, Jun 22, 2010.

1. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

Title says it...

I am getting my new phone tomorrow and im tired of using my laptop to sync, and would rather use my desktop. I do not want my music, just my apps - but i cant figure out how to view my apps on my desktop! I have never used it before for syncing or anything and i plugged in my phone and i wasnt able to see my purchased apps or anything. Personally i hate itunes because i can never figure out where **** is!

Also, i just updated my current phone yesterday to iOS4 and my phone is back to normal. There are no apps or music currently on it. The only thing i still have is my contacts - which is all i wanted to keep on my phone. I dont have to sync my phone and put all the apps on my phone from my laptop, then sync again with my desktop, do i? that would be horrible on Apple's part..

Somebody please help me!! Im very frustrated by this, especially because i feel like im missing something very simple!

Thanks,
    Jason

2. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

If you move your iTunes library from your laptop to your desktop, you should be able to see everything.

If you already had an itunes library in both places, you may need to move the files themselves.

3. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

how do you move the whole iTunes library?

would apple really make it this difficult? Isnt there a way to log into your account and see all your purchases?

4. Sinfire macrumors regular

If you are running a windows based PC, you would find the applications in a folder called Mobile Applications that is located in the My Music\iTunes directory.

Just copy the files from your laptop to your other machine

5. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

son of a bit...

Now i need to go buy a flash drive. my others are all filled up with video projects and crap from school. :rolleyes:

I thought for sure it would be easier than this.

Thanks for you help though! It shouldnt be bad.

6. outphase macrumors 65816

Try Home Sharing. I have no idea how it works, but it sounds right.

7. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

lol i authorized my computer for home sharing and then the link on the left side for "home sharing" went away so i have no clue where it went...

8. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

If they are both on the same network you could move it over in the other public folder.

9. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

i wish there was a *palm to face* emoticon on here!

Thanks!

10. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

if both computers are setup for home sharing maybe the other computer went to sleep?

11. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

Use dropbox. Sync both folders and you can use both to sync your phone against. Both will then have the same info if you don't' want to go out and buy a flash drive.

12. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

I dont even know how the home sharing thing works. I just authorized my PC and then hoped it would sorta guide me along, but nope. Maybe its time to upgrade to a mac :rolleyes:

Anyone interested in a core i7 HP machine? lol