Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stolenmirth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
I bought a new micro SD card for my blackberry and I need to format it before it'll work. It came with a USB adapter but I have no idea how to access my USB ports. I've also heard that I can format it by putting it in the phone and accessing it as an external storage device, but I have no idea how to do that either. As you've probably guessed by now I'm not exactly computer savvy, so if you know how to help me I'm gonna have to ask you to talk real slow-like. :D
lol Thanks.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Once you plug it into one of your USB slots it should pop-up in Finder on the left side with your other drives. It's treated as a drive. If it doesn't show up there open Disk Utility and see if you can see it through there. Disk Utility will also let you do the reformatting.

STXSTEVE

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2009
Colorado
Have you tried putting the SD card into your blackberry yet. As i remember when i did this my blackberry recognized it a formatted accordingly. To format via Mac plug adapter into your usb port then go to Applications/utilities/disk utility/then you should see the SD card in the left part app. Make sure you select the right storage device the SD cards should be the smallest one. From there you can select Erase from the tabs and pick the format you desire.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.