How do I access the Mac App Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VelvetElegance, Oct 8, 2011.

1. VelvetElegance macrumors regular

Hey Folks,
    I recently downloaded Snow Leopard. I am currently at 10.6.3 and when my installation completed, I expected to have an icon added to my dock for the Mac App Store, but it's not there. What do I need to do?

2. simsaladimbamba, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011

simsaladimbamba

Buy 10.6 for 29 USD. Then use some search engine for the world wild wet, it provided you with one piece of software, surely you can find out how to use it.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

There are no legal downloads of Snow Leopard. We do not help with piracy here.

4. simsaladimbamba

Ah, didn't see the "downloaded" part.

5. VelvetElegance thread starter macrumors regular

As far as I can tell, Apple only sells 10.6.3 that they sent me. The link provided up-thread is to an update to 10.6 only NOT the full OS. Looks like this is exactly what I needed..

----------

I didn't realize that I intimated that I downloaded the entire OS. This is a mistake. What I meant to say was "I recently installed snow Leopard". I actually BOUGHT 10.6.3 and it appears that all I needed was the Update Combo.. Sorry for the confusion.

6. Fresh Tendrils macrumors regular

I think the Mac App Store was introduced in 10.6.8. So if you have a legal version of Snow Leopard installed, you just need to update to the current version through software update [go up to the apple logo in top left corner of your screen. Click on that and software update should be the second option down]. Once you have updated to 10.6.8 an icon for the Mac App Store should be added to your dock. If not, then go to your apps folder and it should be there.:)

If on the other hand you have a pirated version, you probably can't update it. So you should just go buy the legal version.

7. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

The app store comes with 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 (can't remember). Point is....update the OS! Software update.

8. VelvetElegance thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like I'm up an running. The software combo pack did the trick.. Thanks for all your help and I apologize once again for any confusion.

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

Glad you got it going. Sometimes we get a little upset about people pirating OSx when it's not that expensive in the first place. I used to work as a software developer and hated having to put in code to make sure it was an authorized copy.