HOW DO I acess my documents etc from my other mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jeanw, Nov 6, 2017.

1. jeanw macrumors member

I sucessfuly did access my files etc from my older 2011 Mac mini to my new to me Macbook pro 2012 ?
    I sucessfully did so several nights ago. Unfortunately I didnt write how I did so down.. It keeps asking for a password and user name or whatever. can yall help me do so again. I did see my Mac pro on my my Mac mini but cant do so again. duh me for not taking notes. thanks yall

2. kohlson macrumors 68000

Before you can access files on another Mac, it will ask you for a valid user name and password from that Mac. Sometimes I forget mine, but you can check in System Preferences-Users&Groups. You can check a Remember Me box so that everything is transparent the next time.

3. jeanw thread starter macrumors member

BUT don't see a "REMEMBER ME" box. AT least on this Mac Pro 2912 Thank you

4. kohlson macrumors 68000

First, you must be able to see the Mac. Make sure File Sharing is on in System Preferences-Sharing
    A list of shared devices should be available in the left margin of a finder window
    Click on this device. In the finder window will be a "Connect As" button. Click on that.
    Fill out a valid username and password for the system you want to connect to. Select the Registered User button. Right underneath the password field is a checkbox: Remember this password in my keychain.

One this is done, you won't need to authenticate in subsequent connections.

Attached Files: