How do I activate a jailbroken iphone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bublgum201, Jul 16, 2011.

1. bublgum201 macrumors newbie

I've jailbroken it and installed SBsettings with DataBlocker to disable GPRS, 3G, and EDGE so my friend can avoid the data plan. I also plan on adding a fake APN as a backup. How can I activate the phone for my friend without losing all the information I've already added? She's giving me the AT&T sim card tomorrow. Thanks!

2. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

How did u install all that without activating?
    What exactly do you mean by activating?

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you have access to the Springboard and are able to install apps, then the phone is already activated. All that's left to do is put her AT&T SIM in.

Eventually though, you are going to get caught without a data plan and one will be added to the account. Even with all the measures you took.

P.S. Why would you disable EDGE. Does she plan on using the phone as a phone? :confused:

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

"Eventually though, you are going to get caught without a data plan and one will be added to the account. Even with all the measures you took."

Unless that's a gophone sim.

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Forgot to mention that. :p

Pre-paid, you're fine. Contract, you'll get caught.