How do I activate iPhone 4S CDMA with tmobile and Gevey Ultra S?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by timotay89, Jun 2, 2012.

1. timotay89 macrumors regular

I have an iPhone. It was fine on 5.0.1 (I bought it jailbroken, unlocked, and everything else). I updated to 5.1.1 to be able to jailbreak it with Gevey Ultra S and then the problems started.

It's taken me hours, but I might have finally figured out some parts of it, but I'm stuck trying to activate it. It's jailbroken and I'm working on unlocking it with furiousmod, but how can I activate the phone?

It's originally a Verizon phone, so I don't think sticking an at&t would really do anything to help.

Can someone please explain (or point me somewhere that does explain) how to activate the phone?

Thanks.

2. youngunner-2 macrumors newbie

There is a huge thread filled with method on this issue.

I am having the same problem as you though. You get through all of the steps and put the gevey in. Then you get the unlock screen and click accept, but right after that it kicks you back to activation? Then when you remove the SIM it leaves activation mode and takes you back to the home screen?

3. gd6 macrumors member

I've unlocked 5 of these 5.1.1 cdma for a friend, and the last one was kicking me to the activation screen. I just re-tried it and it worked fine.

The best instructions which someone posted in the other thread about it are
    Also, Use the reset sim to set the Gevey to the Carrier of the CDMA phone (verizon or sprint most likely). MAKE sure you pop the reset sim out within 10 seconds, I hear that it can cause problems if you don't pop it out right away.

4. pixelrogue macrumors newbie

Verizon & Gevey SIM Ultra S

Ok... seems so close but not working. I have iPhone 4S / 5.1.1 / Jailbroken / 12.0.2bb / Gevey Ultra S / FuriousMod

Gevey SIM never pops up a registration code. Tried various methods and tutorials and can never get the registration code to popup. Is there another way to get the code so I can enter into FuriousMod?

The Ultra S, which is also for CDMA, did not come w/a white sim reset card. Is there another way to set the carrier? Not able to find/buy/borrow a gevey sim reset tool and don't want to shell out for full price just for a one time use a sim reset.

Any insights?

5. mexrealty macrumors newbie

Wow,
    This actually works, I have been trying for months to get my old Verizon phone to work on a network here in Mexico.

For some reason Furious mod never offered me a place to input my registration code. I had to accept the Furious mode registration screen several time but eventually my carrier showed up and my data plan works as well.

I am not sure if its a coincidence but because I couldn't input any reg code into to furious mod. I dialed 112 and toggled airplane mode on and off. Again I am not sure if this had anything to do with it working but now I can reboot my phone and only need to click the Furious mod accept screen and less than a minute later it work.
    Cheers and thanks for the help,

6. Sirmirv macrumors newbie

To all iphone 4S users with Sprint CDMA

On June 1st I received my long and anticipated Gevy Ultra S multi network SIM with a white reset chip.

Little about my iphone 4S,

Carrier: Sprint 12.0 (CDMA)
    Version: 5.1.1
    Modern Firmware 2.0.12

Jailbroken with absinthe 2.0

I did all the instructions.

1. Put in reset sim, select carrier and take out chip within 10 sec
    2. Put in gevy ultra s with the sim you want to use.
    3. Download furiousmod and than the correct CDMA version you want to use,
    4. turned iphone off and than got activation code and inputed it to the furious mode registration
    5. Nothing happend, sprint is still there.

Maybe it would switch in between searching and sprint for a bit but at the end nothing happens.

Please help, I'm forced to use this crappy flip phone from tmobile and I have this awesome iphone 4S sitting in room doing nothing.

FYI**** I'm going from sprint to tmobile (CDMA to GSM)