How do I activate my iPhone X when...

macrumordude

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 6, 2014
Huntington Beach, CA
Hello, how do I active my iPhone X when I receive it?

I paid in full. I was on at&t Next Installment program, but I paid just paid it off. I’m still using my iPhone 7 Plus; I will give it to
my mom once I get the X.

Do I just put in the SIM card and restore from backup (from iCloud or laptop)?

Or do I have to call at&t to have it activate?

Thank you in advance. :)

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Just place your sim into the X and place your mother’s sim into the 7plus and you’re golden.

The 12th Man

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Hello, how do I active my iPhone X when I receive it?

I paid in full. I was on at&t Next Installment program, but I paid just paid it off. I’m still using my iPhone 7 Plus; I will give it to
my mom once I get the X.

Do I just put in the SIM card and restore from backup (from iCloud or laptop)?

Or do I have to call at&t to have it activate?

Thank you in advance. :)
When you purchased it, did you put all your carrier information in? If so, all the phone will need is a confirmation of that info (zip code and last four digits of SS) and viola, you're all set! It'll then automatically deactivate service on your old phone. (Which I found to be pretty magical, haha!)

macrumordude

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 6, 2014
Huntington Beach, CA
When you purchased it, did you put all your carrier information in? If so, all the phone will need is a confirmation of that info (zip code and last four digits of SS) and viola, you're all set! It'll then automatically deactivate service on your old phone. (Which I found to be pretty magical, haha!)
I purchased through at&t (not Apple website), I didn’t have to put in any info. At&t has all that information.

Would it be that when I put the SIM card in, it would deactivate the old phone?

Or it would just assume that I have an additional phone? And that I have to use one over the other? (But I’m going to erase the old phone to give to my mom. Note: I did unlocked it.)

Now, I’m a little confused. :( :)