How do I activate my new iPhone on Verizon if I'm coming from android?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thatpluslife, Sep 25, 2015.

1. thatpluslife macrumors regular

thatpluslife

So tomorrow my phone is arriving and I want to use the phone that day. Now I know that I can use the new transfer app through apple to transfer pictures and contacts, however how do I declare the iPhone as my main phone now?
    Usually I upgrade in store and the sale associates does all of these technical things.

2. OceanMindedBoy macrumors regular

OceanMindedBoy

Assuming you bought a Verizon iPhone. They come with a SIM card. All you have to do is call 611 and activativate it through the automated system.

3. thatpluslife thread starter macrumors regular

thatpluslife

Awesome! I just always just let the sales associates do all that technical stuff.

4. OceanMindedBoy macrumors regular

OceanMindedBoy

When you buy the phone online from Verizon or Apple (providing your carrier info) most of the technical work happens behind the curtains like tighting up the device to your account and phone number so all you have to do is call 611. When you call, the automated system will know you have a new phone transfer pending for that line and all you have to do is follow the instructions.

5. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

If the SIM card in your android is a nano SIM you should just be able to pop it in the iPhone and be good to go. If you're concerned it probably wouldn't hurt to stop by a Verizon store and check with them. In my experience they shouldn't be busy today.