how do I activate my oprevious iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macswitcha2, Oct 3, 2010.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

I currently have my iPhone 4 activated and using it, hwoever, I want to use my iPhone 3gs. I still have the sim card for it. How do i activate it? I was told that I can do it via the AT&T site but when I tried, it said that my iPhone was already activated. Then I heard you can do it through iTunes so I connected my old phone to iTunes and can't see how to activate it.

2. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

You can only have one sim activated at a time. So, you will need a micro sim adapter to use your iPhone 4 sim card in the 3gs or any other phone

3. iMAVERICKam macrumors member

To actually activate it as a second line on your account you need to dial 611. They will most likely send you a new SIM for the 3GS, so it would probably be faster to just visit an AT&T store.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not sure what you're trying to do.
    You want to activate your 3GS now with the same number as the microsim on your iphone 4 or you just want to activate the old 3GS to be used as an ipod touch or whatever?

5. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

I want to use my old one as a working phone. I'm assuming that the card in the iPhone 4 will be deactivated while the card in the older one will be activated.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You want to use your old one with the phone number/account from the iphone 4? You can buy a microsim adapter and then just stick your sim from your iphone 4 to the 3GS and switch back and forth any time.
    http://microsim-shop.com/

7. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks! That was a cool suggestion! Cheap too.