Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boyplunder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
UK
I have a straight forward list based app in progress. I would like to add a background image to the tableview, but can't see how to do it. The tableviews are in IB.

Any pointers will be most welcome.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Ibthink what you do is add the bg image to the view, then put the table view on to if that and make the background transparent. I can't confirm because I'm not at my computer. I think that's what I did though.

boyplunder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
UK
Thanks for that,

I was using the default tableview in the Root view controller that didn't allow me to add anything behind it. I have now changed it to a window with a tableview, and an imageview behind it. Still having problems though. Let me explain what I have.

The views are all in IB and start with the default Main window nib. This has a view that displays the RootViewController nib where my list is. This all works without issue or error. On the RVC I can assign the image to the imageview and set the transparency of the tableview to 0%. In IB it looks great, but when I build the app to see it in the iPhone sim, the settings are ignored and I just see the white list as usual. I've tried cleaning the targets, but no change.

I have played with transparency in both the main window and RVC, but nothing seems to work. It looks like the MV is overriding the RVC.

Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.