How do I add AppleCare after the fact ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by udflyer, Jun 9, 2017.

1. udflyer macrumors 6502

I purchase the 2016 version when BB had $300 off.

Only 40 days ago.

I checked serial number and it has no option to buy AppleCare.

I also bought the new 2017 MBP and received today and also see no way to add after the fact.

I usually wait until 11 months to buy to save money but I guess that has been changed to 60 days so I was was just going to buy now.

Any tips?

2. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

3. udflyer thread starter macrumors 6502

Someone said Apple changed it monday . macbooks are now applecare+ and 60 days . Also I am unable to add after the fact now

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Look at the "Important Notes" box on this page.
    You have 60 days from purchase. You can purchase online, or at an Apple store, or call AppleCare. All require you to show proof of purchase, and have inspection, or a diagnostic on your Mac.

5. udflyer thread starter macrumors 6502

I did look at those notes. For the online option there is no longer an option to buy online. Guess I will have toi call or goto store. 2 methods I hate
    --- Post Merged, Jun 9, 2017 ---
    I tried chatting with a rep tonite and they were clueless

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I wonder if you purchase AppleCare from another retailer, such as OWC, that you can simply go through the process of registering that AppleCare, and Apple will still accept that (and not have the extra features of the AC+). I chatted with OWC tech support, and didn't really get a good answer about that.

7. ARK macrumors 6502

Just call AppleCare and do it over the phone.

8. biosci macrumors 6502a

Agree with ARK. You do it over the phone. Easy as that. Give them your email, the serial number, they check things out for you and then they add AppleCare immediately. Well, you have to purchase it so they actually do the paperwork for you and email you a secure document where you can then complete the transaction with your Credit Card and that's it!