How do I add audio guides?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mpileggi, Feb 13, 2010.

1. mpileggi macrumors newbie

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

After you click the download link on the site, you get a ZIP file on your desktop, as you say. Double click the ZIP file to expand it, and you should see an .MP3 or .M4A audio file of the guide. Drag that file (the one that ends in MP3 or M4A) into the library in iTunes, and then it should be available for syncing to your device.

3. mpileggi thread starter macrumors newbie

Where in iTunes do I drag it to? Which screen should I have open?

Thanks!!!

Monica

PS: It shows as a "MEG-4 Audio File"

I think I figured it out. Might not have been the best steps. I added them to my itunes folder, then dragged them to my libarary, then dragged to my device.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Sorry, some of those steps depend on how you have set up iTunes and your device. If you have your device set to copy your entire iTunes library, and you have your iTunes set to the default behavior of copying files into the library, then all you have to do is drag the file onto the "Library" in the upper left of iTunes, and the pointer will show a (+), and then let go, and it imports into iTunes and will be synced the next time.

If you have iTunes set to not copy files, you have to put the file somewhere where you won't accidentally move or delete it, and then you can copy it into the library in the same way.

If your device doesn't sync your whole library, then you have to do whatever you'd usually do to get a song on the device after it's in the library.

Good luck. :)