Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
i've had compuserve email for probably 10 years, anyone know if i can get it on iphone

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
i've had compuserve email for probably 10 years, anyone know if i can get it on iphone

At one time you could use @aol.com with compuserve addresses, but they stopped that. If they hadn't, you could have used the aol settings.

You might still try the AOl settings and just enter your email address as whatever@cs.com along with your password. Doesn't hurt to try.

Computerserve still doesn't give pop or imap settings? If so, you can use any pop or imap service with iphone.

Otherwise, you could use CS.com webmail probably.

Or does CS let you forward your mail to another address? you could forward it to a yahoo, gmail address or something, if they did.

Maybe one of these options will work??

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Any email account that you have established in Mail will be automatically be setup on you iPhone when you use iTunes to activate it or the next time you synch it. It would appear that CompuServe allows POP3 access to CompuServe Classic email accounts, but not to CompuServe 2000 accounts. AFAIK, CompuServe 2000 accounts such as misterme@cs.com can be accessed only via the Web or via CompuServe's software.

Fantabulous

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2009
found something that works

from: http://www.uic.edu/depts/accc/ecomm/smtpmove/isps.html

Compuserv
People using Compuserve 2000 should use smtp.cs.com.
People who use CompuServe Classic, Versions 4.02 or less, use smtp.compuserve.com.

I used smtp.compuserve.com for outgoing mail instead of the default setting for the aol accounts for my wife's compuserve account. She normally uses webmail to access her email.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
21st century

You do know that this is the 21st century right? :)
I gave up my 72074.xxxx address a fee years ago At least

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.