Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abooch1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
they are not showig up it just says you have no rented movies

jwpedersen

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
AZ, USA
I wish I knew the answer to that also. Can anyone help? I ripped my movies with Handbrake (one full wide screen and one iphone output) and added them to iTunes, I even tried to add them to an existing playlist. iTunes just doesn't sync them. :confused:

cantankerously

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I've ripped 2 movies, one as a MPEG-4 and the other as a H.264 MPEG-4. I just copy and paste them to the movies folder in iTunes and it starts to sync them just fine.

ziggie216

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
if it's in avi, you'll need to convert it to mpeg. I dont think handbreak supports avi

CyberGreg

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2004
SoCal
I use HandBrake all the time, it ROCKS! You have to make sure the Insert iPod Atom setting is checked. This flags the file as being iPod (and iPhone) capable. If I can grab a screen shot, I'll post it up in a sec...

Edit: It's located under the HTTP Optimized MP4 checkbox
:cool:

Attachments

• HandBrake.png
    HandBrake.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 112

Treypound

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2008
handbrake

Is there anyone who did a tutorial on how to use handbrake and if so wheres it located

Thanks

criscris

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2008
Reading itunes help it says it apparently converts files but I can't get it to even allow a movie file to be dragged into my movies or tv shows tabs to start. I got some files that I tried bringing into iTunes to convert yet it's not possible. I'm using iTunes 7 and can't even get it to allow ringtunes imported back in and showing up. Oh the fun with this phone just continues.

jwpedersen

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
AZ, USA
Still can't sync movies

I use HandBrake all the time, it ROCKS! You have to make sure the Insert iPod Atom setting is checked. This flags the file as being iPod (and iPhone) capable. If I can grab a screen shot, I'll post it up in a sec...

Edit: It's located under the HTTP Optimized MP4 checkbox
:cool:

I tried the "Insert iPod Atom" box, but still could not get iTunes to sync any my movies to my iphone. It shows videos in my movies folder, but when the phone is synced, there is nothing under the video tab to sync. Any more advise anyone?

baritony

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
they are not showing up it just says you have no rented movies

I had the same problem.
Make sure you have ur movie in itunes THEN the key for me was to ...
Make sure U have in itunes, with ur iphone on the left open, and I think under summary, CHECK MANAGE MUSIC MANUALLY

That did the trick for me

Hope that helps
Let me know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.