how do I add subfolders to my favorites ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jeanw, Feb 16, 2011.

1. jeanw macrumors member

Okay yall I tried for quite a while in "search". I even "searched Engines on Ixquick. Hate the "G" search engine
    Only been a Mac user since before Xmas.
    Im getting #####/ How do I do a simple add subfolders to my Favorites????
    Say like My favorites (bookmarks) main folder is "alternative energy.... I want to make subfolders say "solar and perhaps another subfolder wind energy.. Please explain how in simple terms ??? As I have a windows old Compaq keyboard. Fig out soon after3 booting up my new Mac that the "windows" key is the same as "command" on a Mac keyboard...... right away
    Lots of other quirks are ### me will ask in another question... Thanks
    Jean

2. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

In Safari bookmarks select show all bookmarks. Highlight the folder you want to add a sub folder to and click the small "+" sign at the bottom of the window.

3. jeanw thread starter macrumors member

thank you

thank you Knoodles. It among many things are driving me bonkers.... LOL:eek:

4. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Hi jeanw,

It would to know what browser you are using as each of the major browsers has several ways of creating and managing bookmark folders.

The bar running across the top of the screen is the menu bar. Each browser has a menu labeled "Bookmarks."

In Firefox, select "Organize Bookmarks." In Safari, select "Show All Bookmarks." In Chrome, it is "Bookmark Manager." The keyboard shortcut on an Apple keyboard for Safari and Chrome are Command-Option-B. In Firefox, it is Command-Shift-B

At this point, I should point out that using a Mac will be easier with an Apple specific keyboard.

Once you're in the bookmarks manager:

Under Firefox, select the folder in which you'd like to add a subfolder and either right click to add a New Folder or click on the little gear icon next to the navigation window.

In Safari, you can click on the plus "+" icon in the corners or you can select "New Folder" in the bookmarks menu. In fact, you don't even have to go to the bookmarks manager to select New Folder. Selecting it from the menu will automatically take you to the Bookmarks manager. You can then drag the new folder into any other folder.

In Chrome, you right click on the folder in which you'd like to add a sub folder and the right click menu will give you an option for "Add Folder."